Whether if you agree or not black Americans are owed reparations
Black Americans who are descendants are owed reparations not just from slavery but for the following: Jim Crow, redlining, inhumane experiments for war, inhumane experiments that were used to further medical practices, forced sterilization burning down our towns, racist propaganda in school books, the CIA causing the crack epidemic, and lastly giving reparations to former slave masters.
26-30
11
|
JoeyFoxx · 51-55, M
Most people don’t even know what reparations would look like. It’s more complicated than simple payouts. It’s about making thoughtful investments in education in under-represented communities.

It’s about real estate investments and support for minority owned businesses beyond loan support.

If not done properly, government profit seekers will abscond with significant portions of the investments.

Reparations sound nice, but it’s far more difficult than most will admit.

This is going to require a lot of work.
Allelse · 31-35, M
[@802348,JoeyFoxx] Awesome fucking answer!!! Spot on old boy.
Zenyatta · 26-30
[@802348,JoeyFoxx] Such a great pivot
JoeyFoxx · 51-55, M
[@275353,Zenyatta] no pivot. You mentioned Hawaii first.

What’s your issue with what I said?
Bastard · 22-25, M
Yes. Please give me money.
Ravens80 · 36-40, F
Fuck that nobody owes anyone else shit they don’t earn and deserve. Bad things have happened to every race on earth get the fuck over it and make your own lives better stop depending on someone else to do it for you.
Ravens80 · 36-40, F
[@1026,HazelMotes] where in the fuck did that bs come from? You don’t know anything about me so go fuck your self asshole!
SumKindaMunster · 46-50, M
[@1024379,Ravens80] He does that when he is bored and looking for someone to fight with.
justbob · 56-60, M
[@1024379,Ravens80] Best answer
most of it sounds like what the Germans did to the Jews during the Holocaust
[@632360,rhouse] The Germans did do those things to the Jews - and I dont have to post a source.
rhouse · 51-55, M
I am not asking for a source. Between this thread and the other, it seems like you are supportive of both sides almost like you are just an instigator. I am sure you aren't. [@760047,MarmeeMarch]
[@632360,rhouse] No but I am able to look at both sides objectively - I admit if there is something wrong - either way.
ProfessorPlum77 · 61-69, M
[c=#800000]Hmm. Someone wishes to limit all discussion about this issue. [/c]
rhouse · 51-55, M
They always want to limit discussion about this issue. It is painful to discuss whether you are white or black. [@673904,ProfessorPlum77]
OMEGA · M
[@673904,ProfessorPlum77] Marxists are like that...
jeancolby · 26-30, F
I owe them nothing.
Zenyatta · 26-30
[@46919,jeancolby] nobody is asking white people to personally give their shit to black people, but I’m not surprised you came to that conclusion
jeancolby · 26-30, F
[@275353,Zenyatta] Good, because I won't give it. If they do take it, I'll get it back cheque, blood or cash, have a nice day.
Pocky · F
[@46919,jeancolby] You don’t frighten anyone, jean. I doubt you even have shit to give. Your life is worthless as you look.
ProfessorPlum77 · 61-69, M
[c=#800000]Lead the way for us! Start with your home, property and bank account
. [/c]
[@673904,ProfessorPlum77] I like that. 🙂 Let him show us how it's done.
ProfessorPlum77 · 61-69, M
[@78387,Stereoguy] Exactly.
And Native Americans?
Zenyatta · 26-30
[@406636,causernamebemyusername] if you want a post about native Americans do it yourself. Also they got reparations, granted they still got screwed over with it. If I were you would look into how underhanded it was implemented.
ProfessorPlum77 · 61-69, M
[@275353,Zenyatta] They were here, first. Let's start with them.
[@406636,causernamebemyusername] Absolutely! We stole the country from them.
pagandad · 61-69, M
Well, folks, don't say that some of us didn't try to warn you back in the late 1950s and early '60s. Give 'em an inch, and they'll end up demanding a yard. You gave in, and now they're getting all uppity. Why? because they're too lazy to actually WORK for a living, so now they expect a big handout of cash for something which virtually no taxpayer alive today is responsible. We told you it would happen, but you didn't listen.
rhouse · 51-55, M
Does it reduce your welfare payment? [@189866,pagandad]
pagandad · 61-69, M
[@632360,rhouse] LOL ! I don't collect welfare, never have. I was forced to pay into Social Security all my working life, with the promise I would collect a basic pension from it when I turned 65, and I am not ashamed to collect what I am owed. Beyond that, I live on my investments. Piss off leftist commie scum.
rhouse · 51-55, M
"leftist commie scum" I see you have been working on you debate skills. [@189866,pagandad]
RopinTexan · 31-35, M
Most black Americans alive today didn’t experience those things or are too young to remember. Also, many black Americans immigrated here directly from Africa or the West Indies. Should they get reparations too?
Zenyatta · 26-30
[@1102251,RopinTexan] you really can’t read can you?
[@1102251,RopinTexan] You’d be surprised how many of us remember legal segregation. I was a child, but my parents are still alive. Pop remembers having to ride in the back of the bus when he returned from serving in Korea.
Nebula · F
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] That's f'd up.

Whether if you agree or not black Americans are ow... | Politics | Similar Worlds