Email or Username
76starships is using Similar Worlds.
Join Similar Worlds today!
This profile may contain Adult content.
76starships
United States
Join Time
1st Mth of SW
Groups
500 Groups
Days Active
9 Mths Active
Comments
2500 Comments
Searching for treasures
I Like Peace and Quiet
My house is so quiet I can hear my tiny dog snoring in the next room. Rare to get that kind of quiet.
|
I Want To Write A Ten Word Story
Woke up to an unexpected add Messages fly Tickles? Surprised...
|
I Would Easily Spend a Whole Day Curled Up With a Good Book
Ready Player One I saw the trailer for the movie recently and leaned over to my son. "Did you read the book?" I asked. "No," he said, "Did you?" "Yeah, just last week," I told him. "I read it in a day....
|
I Love Falling Snow
I was in Pennsylvania over Christmas and had just enough snow for a white Christmas. I love the smell and the muffled sounds as snow falls. I missed it and it was nice to experience some real winter weather. Of course, I came home yesterday and tod...
|
I Love Womens Feet
Changeout I saw a strange thing in the airport yesterday. I was waiting at a gate and two rows over a man and a pretty red haired woman were sitting together. She caught my eye because she was taking off her boot as she talked to him. She took off t...
|
I Always Feel Good Wearing A Suit And Tie
This is a story for @CinnamonOnTop, because it revolves around her favorite tie. Today I gave a presentation at work, broadcast over a video teleconference. Short talk, some Q and A, easy. Afterwards, I got a few "Good job" messages from ...
|
What day is it?
Working some unplanned night shifts does funny things to my sense of time.
|
Embarrassing & Funny
I Believe That Men And Women Can Be Friends
Well, I know this is true because I have a whole region of the friendzone named after me. Sigh...
|
I Have Bad Timing
"We're Finally in the Same State" That was the subject of the email I sent my friend. We talk all the time, at work and on home email. I was a friend and good listener who helped her through all kids of personal drama last year. I kno...
|
I Want to Say Thank You
Thanks for a great conversation. She was in the middle seat, I was at the window. Nicely dressed. Blonde. Had a face that was vaguely Reese Witherspoon, lovely and great blue eyes. A PhD candidate in chemistry. I told her I liked her boots, and o...
|
I Want To Write A 10 Word Story
Unpacking kids suitcase. Found a pirate bandanna. Wearing it, yarr!
|
I'm An Open Book If You Care To Read Me
I've seen this category before many times. Rolled over it in people's profiles and nearly clicked it, but always stopped myself. "Am I really?" I'd ask. And the more I have thought about it, the answer is yes. If someone ask...
|
I Love The Smell Of Bookshops
I was in Florida to visit family over Thanksgiving, staying at my Aunt's house. She handed me a slip of paper with the name of a used bookstore nearby and sent me on my way while everyone else went to do their crazy Black Friday shopping. That w...
|
I Love Sexy Shoes
Heels in the Airport Something that always catches my eye when I am in an airport is when a woman is making her way through the terminal wearing heels. I like her immediately, and often compliment her on her fortitude to brave the long walks in an a...
|
I Feel Like No One Likes Me
I feel like this a lot, even though I know it is not true. The proof is when I travel back to my home office. I currently work away from my team in another state. On those odd days that I am back at headquarters, people come find me to talk, they s...
|
I Love Airplanes
I love living by an airport. The sound of jet noise is something I enjoy. The local airport I live by now is used by some Air National Guard KC-135 tankers to do touch and gos. When they do that, they turn right over my house. The loud military engin...
|
I Have Random Thoughts
Every once in a while, when I get some time and feel like writing a bit, I will scroll through my groups looking for inspiration. "Do I really want to write about that one?" I'll think. Or, "Yikes, glad that one's buried on p...
|
I Experienced An Awkward Moment
An Awkward Moment? My life has been a series of awkward moments.
|
I Love Leggings
Prove it A friend who works in another office out of state was chatting with me over the instant message system. Weekend plans, work rumors, "Can you edit this reply?", a mix of professional and personal chatter. She then said to me, ...
|
I Want To Write A 10 Word Story
She found me. Messages galore. Deleted next day. I wonder...
|
76starships | Similar Worlds