Why do women who dress sexy complain about being objectified?
By dress sexy I am talking about shirts that expose nipples cleavage or belly, tight yoga pants or tight pants in general where we can see camel toe and panty lines and short shorts where the ass cheeks hang out and shorts so tight we can see the outline of the vulva and panties. Or dresses and skirts that go far north of the knee. Also clicking (loud) boots and high heels draw attention as well. I dont get why women would dress sexy but want to complain about guys focusing on their bodies instead of their mind. Are they just saying that because people are afraid that admitting to wanting attention would make people think they are slutty or do they actually believe men are capable of not being blinded by female beauty when its on full display?

For the record I do not believe nor am I calling for women to not dress sexy or the way they want. Just frustrated with their reactions to men they come across when they dress that way.
Id only complain if i got attention from the wrong people.
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@411057,PaleandPolluted] True, you're right about that.
ilovefood · 22-25, F
[@411057,PaleandPolluted] That mostly ended up wrong person. Or persons.

Like you want attract your crush, but other male come to you.
[@580819,ilovefood] actually i wouldnt be attracted to someone who likes me dressed like that. It's just mildly fun to see who looks.
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
Well in the case of tight yoga pants it's mostly cos they wear them to do yoga, not to be stared at.
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@1153989,ghostofapu] Maybe the men I know are just really good at hiding it then.
ghostofapu · 26-30, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] When I mean notice or stare I literally mean turn your head away when you notice a woman is turning her attention to you. Its disrespectful to stare. It also depends on what you are wearing. If you have small breasts and wear sweaters you will get less looks for example.
RubySoo · 51-55, F
[@1153989,ghostofapu] i had exceptionally large breasts that i always kept covered. I hated that. They made mevery selfconsious and as a slim young woman with big boobs i wore oversized clothes to hide them. Still...men stared. Men commented...men tried to chat me up in the hope of getting a better look. I didnt flaunt them...they were there....obvious.....but i didnt invite any attention.
I agree with you 100% some women are simply attention seekers they wear revealing/provoking clothes to catch attention in the hope of compliments and flirt but at the same time they wouldn't like to be called as sluts..double standards or what's the word, hypocrite.
There is a huge difference in dressing up sexy yet smart and outright sluttish like you described.
ghostofapu · 26-30, M
[@1098989,Donotfolowme] Thank you for an insightful answer. I dont think we should call women sluts when they are being flirty and dressing sexy.
[@1153989,ghostofapu] who/what is a slut,it simply means someone who enjoys sex with diff partners whats wrong with that given today's World where everything is going.

Well actually what wrong is tho that these women don't wanna accept it. They don't wanna be called as 'inviting men'.
Darksideofheaven · 51-55, M
[@1098989,Donotfolowme] 👍 A honest woman. Most that dress like that, know exactly what the hell they are doing and yet they lie to themselves and others about motivation. Unless they are so naïve and dumb they really don't know the nature of man.

For the record, I don't disrespect women, but I fo sho notice.
Amyrakunejo · 22-25, F
Not gonna lie, this is why we...

1) Are armed and/or
2) Have an armed companion (at least one)

For when things go wrong, as [@411057,PaleandPolluted] mentioned.

Of course, it's better to be armed and not need to unsheathe your weapon/s, than it is to be in a situation where being armed would likely mean your survival, and not have any armaments.
ghostofapu · 26-30, M
[@700099,Amyrakunejo] So you shoot men who notice you are dressing sexy? Thats insane.
Amyrakunejo · 22-25, F
[@1153989,ghostofapu] First off, I mentioned when things go wrong, as in, very wrong.

Being catcalled is one thing, being chased and cornered is another. FUCK THAT.

And no, I don't shoot; my primary weapon is a nineteen inch single-edge silver-etched curved steel blade with a six inch wooden handle, a [i]sword[/i] ([i]katana[/i]). I have either a [i]parrying dagger[/i] and/or a [i]wakizashi[/i] as a secondary. I'm more than capable of slicing wrists just enough to disable any would-be assailant's use of their own weapons. My sword is also [b][i]capable of penetrating Kevlar armor[/i][/b].
SamtheDog · M
Poor reasoning skills tbh.
Many women have felt they were not being respected, whatever they were wearing. I've noticed that the more you create gender ghettoes in a social group, the less respectful men will be.
ghostofapu · 26-30, M
[@18983,EarthlingWise] So basically any gathering of men?
[@1153989,ghostofapu] It becomes a ghetto when men stop interacting with women. Only see women as preys.
ghostofapu · 26-30, M
[@18983,EarthlingWise] Men who see women as "prey" interact with women all the time. Its called the club and bar scene and social media.
ilovefood · 22-25, F
This is point I agree. They dress provocative and expect not to be seen. Not saying that they deserve it but when dress like that be prepared males are gonna watch.

They are hypocrite. If you like being flirted and sexy slut, you won't bothered when men cat calling you.
They just want attention.
RubySoo · 51-55, F
[@580819,ilovefood] and many men stare at an ogle all women without any encouragement at all....
RubySoo · 51-55, F
Everyone, man or woman should be able to dress how they like without others objectifying them. If a womn choises not to wear a bra for instance under a tight dress.... it doesnt automatically follow she wants men to slobber ather has she walks down the street. She may just not find bras comfortable.

But....i am a believer in dressing appropriately for the situation. I wouldnt wear a tight fitting low cut tiny dress and heels to do my weekly shop, or wear my gym gear at a restaurant. Some do....and its thats how they are comfortable thats up to them......some people really dont think fir a second that what they wearis anybodies business but their own.

Its a real shame though some people at the sight on a flash of thigh or cleavage turn into leering creeps who make others feel uncomfortable in their own skin.
RubySoo · 51-55, F
[@1153989,ghostofapu] its rude. Its natural for men to be rude??? Really?
ghostofapu · 26-30, M
[@329653,RubySoo] How is it rude? Admiring a women's beauty then looking away to prevent her discomfort? You boost her ego and avoid making her feel uncomfortable.
RubySoo · 51-55, F
[@1153989,ghostofapu] dont believe you 'boost her ego'.
What guys often fail to understand is a woman tends to dress for herself...how she feels goods..not to please guys. Ive never 'felt good'being srared at by a man. Its un nerving and yes...rude.
Look this seems an anti women post: not liking women makes u gay doesn't it?
ghostofapu · 26-30, M
[@1149742,Natasha2020] How the fuck is this anti women? Its more like anti hypocritical women if anything.
RubySoo · 51-55, F
Another point...asit procen her time and time again....some men objectify all women...even old, chubby dumpy ones like me that keeps herself covered over.....so ...is that my fault? Is that me in the wrong....or is it just true sone guts cannot help themselves at all.....
Yup....

Updated: 1 min ago