Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Why is it socially acceptable to be racist towards white people?
And where's all these perks we allegedly get? I'm not seein that shit.
13
|
MikefromEP · 51-55, M
KKK is NOT helping
Coppercoil · M
It's not the kkk as much as the mainstream media giving them coverage. It's best to ignore fringe groups. The saying there is no bad publicity is very true. Same goes for publishing every detail about mass shooters and making them into anti heroes. It just attracts other disturbed people to think that's how you get attention and be seen and remembered by society. the mainstream media is the devil incarnate.
MikefromEP · 51-55, M
@coppercoil: Scary but true
Chrisredfeild · 46-50, M
Luv you...
Thegreateast · 26-30, M
*beats head into a wall*
Thegreateast · 26-30, M
Everyone is racist... cognative bias dictates we will always prefer people the same color, sex, and culture as ourselves.

The part that makes me bash my head into the wall is the white privilege thing.

For the beginning of america, blacks and other races were the not able to own land. So the land trusts given to people settling the land from the Louisiana purchase were all white. The entire country was owned by whites.

This still makes a difference because property is handed down via inheritance. Land is also worth a lot.

Generally speaking, the average white person will inhert a decent some in the form of cash or assets from their parents. Generally speaking, minority groups will get nothing or next to nothing from their parents.

That's just one major factor that give white people in this country a huge advantage. I know inherentence are going away even for white people, but most minorities have nv gotten them.
Nebula · F
I don't need hand-outs from anyone, so I'm good.
Thegreateast · 26-30, M
It's not about hand outs at all. U are born ahead. The majority of minorities live in urban areas with low income schools and such.

Going into the job market, most administrative positions are held by white males.

The white male part is important because of cognitive bias during hiring and interviews. White males will b prone to hire other white males.

The same is true is the administration is black females. They will be more prone to hire black females.

We see really weird trends with male and female promotions in multiple including healthcare. Nurses are mainly female, but since the hospitals are run by white males mostly, the nursing managers will tend to be the few male nurses who get promoted from inside.

By being white, u have better chances of getting jobs, and promotions... ur chances are even better if u r a white male.

It's not a hand out, and it isn't constant or 100%. But its a trend none the less.

Whites start out ahead of minorities, and have an easier time moving ahead.
well u see ur white privilege is offset by your femaleness
Marceline · F
its not acceptable.. and i wont stop calling out people who do so
The perks are not having store owns do a double take when you walk in due to your skin out of fear you will steal. The perks are cops are likely not to bother you as much. The perks are it's very very unlikey you will get denied anything do to your skin color
@uncalled4: I would believe that and respect that but things in society show Whites have advantages. You can't ignore that
Coppercoil · M
@uncalled4: had guns on me too.. never fun. Been dui tested on the road side, car searched, been threatened, when I hadn't done anything. Cops are unpredictable.
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
@BrittanyXXY: I'm sorry, I don't agree with you. I'm not saying that bias doesn't exist. It does. It almost has to. It's just that I don't see it and have never lived it in 49 years. Life is unfair to lots of people in lots of ways, not just because of skin color. Is there Black Privilege in Harlem or the South Bronx? Probably. It's just this constant black vs. white sh*t that ultimately leads nowhere. The only solution is to look past perceived cultural differences.
Complexconfessions · 36-40, M
I don't know but I want some privileges myself
Pay back for all the shit theyve done to the other races 😊
Nebula · F
Who?
@Clouds: Black people, native Americans, Asians, Middle Eastern...
@Dichotomy: mexicans as well basically to anyone who isnt white 😊
Are you nuts ? We just elected a white supremacist as president ! How much more "white power" do you [b]need[/b] ?
@Clouds: then start with yourself.
Nebula · F
What is that supposed to mean?
@Clouds: You figure it out.

Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Why is it socially acceptable to be racist towards... | Personal, Thoughts & Feelings | Similar Worlds