Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Should public bathrooms be free?

Poll
Yes
Nope!
Show Results
You can only vote on one answer.
I'm talking like stores, buildings, and restaurants. Do you think someone should be able to walk in and use the bathroom without paying first?
MarineBob · 56-60, M
No I pay the water
[@2021,MarineBob] It's called a business expense. Suck it up.
MarineBob · 56-60, M
[@346344,PicturesOfABetterTomorrow] not a chance
adorbz · 22-25, F
I think so. Especially in places where there are no proper public toilet, what else are you supposed to do 👀
jackj · 56-60, M
So I’m shopping at Nordstrom’s go to the restroom no should expect a homeless woman taking a bath in there?[@1027452,adorbz]
adorbz · 22-25, F
[@1158,jackj] I am not entirely sure what you mean
jackj · 56-60, M
Can’t help you with that. Give it some more. Think or ask a friend. [@1027452,adorbz]
Virgo79 · 56-60, M
Sushi! The government will be taxing it🤫🤫
alongalone · M
Yes it's a low cost to maintain except if people somehow start abusing it. Stores without bathrooms suck
Northwest · M
These facilities are for customers. If someone needs to go urgently, they should be allowed to. Usually there's resistance, in places with higher transient populations.
Sidewinder · 31-35, M
There all free in my hometown.
Budwick · 70-79, M
Nancy Pelosi's District has this all figured out.
jackj · 56-60, M
Do the dots vote? [@841775,Budwick]
HairbrushDiva · 31-35, F
Where do they have public bathrooms? We don't have them in my city.
4meAndyou · F
[@1114676,HairbrushDiva] Yes, they are.
HairbrushDiva · 31-35, F
[@387713,4meAndyou] I've never seen such things in American movies before, and I've watched lots of those.
4meAndyou · F
[@1114676,HairbrushDiva] For the amount of money they pay for actors, they are probably not going to show you the inside of a public park bathroom...🤣. However, the public may use the bathrooms, also, in almost every gas station, fast food restaurant, and coffee and donut shop across the USA.
BreezeyBree · 56-60, F
I think malls have public bathrooms, but most places have bathrooms for paying customers only.
I know a couple gas stations/convenience stores that will not allow people to walk in for bathroom only and one man actually pounded on a bathroom door demanding the user buy something before leaving. lol
HannahSky · F
They are free.
HannahSky · F
[@1158,jackj] a lot of places have keys, so you do actually have to be a customer, and they say that.. Fair enough
jackj · 56-60, M
That they do [@868864,HannahSky]
HannahSky · F
[@1158,jackj] I'm fine with that, people do take advantage and leave a mess
Haroldhugh · 51-55, M
As Royalty I have no need of toilets.
jackj · 56-60, M
[@1202442,Haroldhugh]
Yulianna · 22-25, F
free of what?
DrWatson · 61-69, M
[@156315,Yulianna] Sheep.
ViciDraco · 36-40, M
I know very few places that disallow it. I tend to question the morality of those that would restrict restroom use as policy.
jackj · 56-60, M
I’m legally permitted to reserve private restrooms for customers. [@657984,ViciDraco]
ViciDraco · 36-40, M
[@1158,jackj] I am not speaking of legality, but of morality. The two are not the same thing.
jackj · 56-60, M
I agree. Completely moral for me to reserve my bathrooms for my customers who must be properly attired to enter my establishment. [@657984,ViciDraco]
spjennifer · 56-60, T
If the washroom is inside a store or restaurant, those are privately owned businesses and it's up to the owners if they want to provide free access to them, the owners pay for the upkeep, paper towels, soap and TP so it should be up to them if they want to provide free access to non-paying visitors.
monte3 · 70-79, M
One place we were at in France had three pay toilets all at different price points, which was an interesting concept. 😊. The lowest may have been a pit.
It might depend on the ordinances of the jurisdiction that has authority over such matters.
Yes. It is also part of accessibility. Many disabled people need access to public washrooms.
[@1158,jackj] Thanks for proving my point. Can't mildly inconvenience the wealthy. Now that is a tragedy.😭
[@346344,PicturesOfABetterTomorrow] Yea - every family that goes into a restaurant is wealthy. And if a filthy BUM walks in, reeking to high heaven ready to fill the bowl and take a bath for a half hour or whenever he feel like to leave . You should sit around with an S - eating grin on your face.
jackj · 56-60, M
As usual you have no point. [@346344,PicturesOfABetterTomorrow]
Hhhmmm. Probably not because of many reasons.

1st. They need to make a Profit.

2nd. They don't want Tweakers hanging inside and out.
go back to how it used to be

in days of old when knights were bold
and toilets not invented
they'd drop a load right in the road
then walk away contented
jackj · 56-60, M
Thank you no. You want to walk in THAT while wearing flip flops? [@917533,saragoodtimes]
[@1158,jackj] they somehow manage in California
jackj · 56-60, M
Thanks but no [@917533,saragoodtimes]
jackj · 56-60, M
You know it [@822235,soar2newhighs]

Personal, Thoughts & Feelings