Admin Announcements

👎 Should we have a Dislike button on posts?
Poll
Yes - get a Dislike button
No - no Dislike button (please explain why)
Show Results
You can only vote on one answer.
We want to implement [b]Reactions/Emotions[/b] on Similar Worlds at some point.

However, we wonder if including a [b][u]Dislike/Thumbs Down[/u][/b] button would bring us benefits or not.

👍 ❤ 🤣 😯 😥 😡 (👎)

Do you think we should implement?

If not, [b][u]why[/u][/b] do you think a Dislike button wouldn't be a good idea on Similar Worlds?

Please share your honest feedback!

Thank you.
26-30, MAdmin
33
|
Edited: 8 mths ago
Lostgirl02 · 22-25, F
It depends, some people might dislike posts just because they don’t like someone , and not actually because of the content of their posts, and that’s kinda depressing.
DarkSky · 51-55, M
In my honest opinion, I don't think there should be one...
With some it will likely cause more drama
Mguinm · 46-50, F
[@587991,DarkSky] I feel the same.
DropsOfPain · 26-30, F
Yes. We love drama. Lol.
Angeleyez · 41-45, F
[@710185,BoobooSnafu] 😂 hows that working out for ya lol
[@328672,Angeleyez] Hahaha - .....You know - It's a bit like going up on stage...there's always that ONE person who gets cheesed off - some people who don't 'get it' - and ALWAYS those few hecklers.

The only difference is......is when you get back to your dressing room - they send you 'dic pics' instead of roses. 😂
Angeleyez · 41-45, F
[@710185,BoobooSnafu] roflmbo 😂 😆 😂
QueenOfQuirk · 18-21, F
Yes, it’s gonna be FUN
QueenOfQuirk · 18-21, F
😈
LobRockster · 26-30
[@10636,QueenOfQuirk] Oh boi.... SW what have you done? 😦
QueenOfQuirk · 18-21, F
[@336722,LobRockster] chaos!
FeetAreFantastic · 36-40, M
No, because I think it would promote negativity too much.

What I would like instead is something of a "thank you" button, next to the like button. I myself and many with me now use the like button simply as an acknowledgement to the poster. It doesn't necessarily mean I really liked the post. By adding another option for this the like button can be used for actual liking.

Alternatively there could be a rating. Instead of the like and thank you buttons you could give a comment 1-5 stars.
5thApprentice · 26-30, M
[@14020,FeetAreFantastic] I agree a thank you button would be nice. It's nice to acknowledge people's responses but sometimes there is no need or desire to reply to them.
A dislike button could easily add to the toxicity of the community. I think what happens now is that if people dislike something enough they complain to Admin.
Dragon56 · 61-69, M
[@406494,SomeLikeItHot] Hopefully that doesn’t encourage the Admins to add it so they don’t have to deal with as many complaints....that could backfire in the long run.
[@475592,Dragon56]
I do have confidence in them.
I would imagine that they get many complaints through the flag process.
It seems that much of the animosity that gets experienced here gets tamped down. It seems that dislikes could dishevel that quite a bit.
Newandimproved · 61-69, M
No to dislike because
It tends to stifle expression

It seems a little judgemental with having to justify a position

I see it as a tool for some of the cliques to team up

It is not positive
Newandimproved · 61-69, M
[@4431,Serenitree] thanks. and that's not that we shouldn't disagree or even dislike a comment. and if you find a comment repugnant there is always the block button.
Serenitree · F
[@458421,Newandimproved] Or a calm reasonable response saying what you are disagreeing with, and why. This might open up a conversation or get you blocked. Fair enough, it saves one of our blocks.
KayraJordyn · 31-35, F
There are cliques [@458421,Newandimproved]? I guess I'm so cliqueless I didn't know? 😧
idk but when are we gonna get some games
ZenKitzune · F
[@692668,weeweeballs] I need to play the monkey slapping game right now!
[@383673,ZenKitzune] 😂 you'd love it
ZenKitzune · F
[@692668,weeweeballs] I hope they make a satisfying noise
ZenKitzune · F
Well tbh on reddit I find it kinda stressful to get downvotes especially as when one person does it, everyone seems to pile in and do the same. I stopped commenting on reddit a while back, granted it's even more anonymous than this place so people think less about what they are doing and saying, but I think that having the option here would just lead to targeted bullying.

I don't think it would be a good thing.
FeetAreFantastic · 36-40, M
[@383673,ZenKitzune] yeah, the downvotes on reddit are the worst
ZenKitzune · F
[@14020,FeetAreFantastic] I once got downvoted 6 times for baking cookies 🤷
I just remember on EP the ability to rate down posts was abused and often used to bully people, so it was removed. It’s too bad, because there are times when a post is inappropriate but not quite flag-worthy.

60938 subscribed to
Admin Announcements
Announcements from the Similar Worlds admins.
Categories: Similar Worlds

👎 Should we have a Dislike button on posts? | Admin Announcements | Similar Worlds