Whenever I'm watching a bollywood movie and I notice how far off the subtitles are, I think I get close to what Karen's feel.

This dude just said "nowhere" in hindi and the subtitles translated to "not really" and that changes the entire context for anyone who doesn't understand the language. Who do I sue first?
Diamonddog26-30, M Best Comment
This guys lyrics sound like a translation malfunction 馃ぃ[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJa2kwoZ2a4&ab_channel=VennuMallesh]
Diamonddog26-30, M
[@607935,HijabaDabbaDoo] "I am a verry good bad boiii" haha my fav bit is when the producer does that thing with his arms like "this fucking slaps mate"
Diamonddog26-30, M
[@607935,HijabaDabbaDoo] Or "I am a kids lover" wut hahaha
[@877165,Xipooh] the producer is pretty much the Indian equivalent to DJ Khaled

HatterM46-50, M
Yup. It's the lyrics of songs that are the furthest off, I find. Folks who don't know the lingo are missing-out on big-time romance for those interested in that kinda thing.
[@1044765,HatterM] the lyrics are actually pretty poetic but in English they sound lame lol
Same goes for every Non-English film or show hahaha

It annoys me sometimes because the context does change the feeling and focus
Unlearn36-40, M
Yep...they screw up many a movies and songs for people who don't understand the language.
deadgerbil22-25
I wonder why it's so hard to get decent translation lol
Turkr36-40, M
bollywood maybe
SatyrService100+, M
there is no one to sue, nor any actionable harm/loss
I hate it to see it ALL THE TIME
Spanish , German, French, Portuguese, Norwegian, dutch

so often dumbed down

I Was Very Traumatised