Are there any supplements you know of that help depression?

I've tried some ,some take the edge off but not enough ..looking for suggestions..thanks
BlueVeins · 22-25
Can you afford a blood test? If not, maybe try Vitamin D & magnesium.
BlueVeins · 22-25
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] Best of luck. Everyone should be taking Vitamin D; sunlight is a poor source because it damages your skin and (depending on location) is less plentiful in the winter.
[@4199,BlueVeins] Many people have vitD deficient and are not aware of it!
Buildingadoor · 26-30, F
[@4199,BlueVeins] Yes I forgot vit D. So important.
Miram · 26-30, F
Find out what you're deficient at before taking supplements.
MarineBob · 56-60, M
Go fishing
[@2021,MarineBob] yeah have fun
zeeva70 · F
[@2021,MarineBob] I miss fishing with my dad. Now I sometimes go with my brother and it feels good.
MarineBob · 56-60, M
[@335166,zeeva70] a tad short for dinner, we going for crappie.... Walleye plays hell on a 16' crappie rod....tore his mouth so I'll turn it over to the state
zeeva70 · F
20 minutes of sunlight, Omega 3-6-9, B-complex, balanced diet, exercise like walking, and laughter (comedy).
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] My friend.. you should be a happy camper. Laugh hard and laugh often. Remember ever how low you feel or go..it did NOT come to stay, it came to pass. And also.. nothing and I do mean NOTHING can keep a good person down.
[@1199225,Puppyprivilege] thanks
zeeva70 · F
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] be patient with supplements because someone can take time to work (even weeks) before feeling better. However, getting outside, moving your body or laugher often has quicker results.
LongGameGal · 36-40, F
LongGameGal · 36-40, F
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] b complex is best
[@1127698,MamaGoneMad] I take that at the moment
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] I have taken both.. in my experience Vit B 12 is best alone...
Vit B 12 SL may help and get all the exercise you can. Even if you have to force yourself. You should improve daily,
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] pray? VitB 12 in large doses?
[@1199225,Puppyprivilege] I pray everyday
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] then just repeat.. Vit B 12 sublingual and exercise... Run? Make yourself plans/goals and stick to implementing them! It works.. sometimes only time helps.
If you really have depression then supplements on their own probably won't work but Vitamin D deficiency might make you feel down and moody so if that's your case taking Vitamin D might help.
[@472983,CrazyMusicLover] thanks
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
For those who are depressed, supplements can be helpful. Depression is a chemical imbalance in you brain. Supplements, and physical/mental exercises can help with small breakthrough mementos of anxiety but prescription intervention is what will help the imbalance. It isn’t a cure but a maintenance.
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] I worry about side effects with meds ..just trying to find alternatives to meds that I haven't tried before .don't want to leave any stone left unturned
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] I understand. It’s frustrating finding the right combination and it adds to the feeling of hopelessness. I journal everyday to get the thoughts...some things I share here. It helps me and I always hope someone struggle reads it doesn’t feel alone in their thoughts. Mindfulness helps me too. Walks, mood-neutral music. There is an app called Calm that I recommend. The vitamins people have recommended are helpful too.
Another thing to consider is trying to increase light exposure. Get out in the sun or buy a light therapy lamp (I have two of them)
Bonnie · 36-40, F
St John's wort? Vitamin B and fish oil also help
[@1037932,Bonnie] thanks
Bonnie · 36-40, F
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] ysw
SpaceJesus · 41-45, M
I'm on all kinds of meds, but they hardly help it by themselves. What I do is get jacked up on caffeine and listen to the happiest music I can find. Sometimes that works
[@717388,GaiusJuliusCaesar] thanks
SpaceJesus · 41-45, M
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] Yep. Best of luck!
[@717388,GaiusJuliusCaesar] thanks appreciate it
Besides Vit D and Magnesium that came to mind, there is a herb called Ashwagandha that is beneficial in anxiety, depression and also hormone balance.
Nayla · 51-55, F
[@44604,Aidolovemostofyourthoughts] ashwaganda is fab
[@44604,Aidolovemostofyourthoughts] I heard good things about it ..may try it ..will read up on it more
[@1187347,Pripyatpogo] Yeah please read up in detail. It has benefits that go on and on but it may not be suitable for everyone.
Nayla · 51-55, F
Folic acid, SAMe, Omega 3 fatty acids, St John's Wort, Dong Quai if youre female
[@506684,DawsonsGrove] thanks
Casheyane · 26-30, F
Sweets. Lots and lots of sweets. A good cuddle bear. Cheesy movies surrounded with the right company
Emortal · M
15min exercise everyday and stay busy with things you like.
Buildingadoor · 26-30, F
Magnesium.
Zinc
B12
Essential fatty acids
I'm trying not to take anything for mine now.
Riemann · 31-35, M
Pumpkin seeds.
[@1177416,Riemann] interesting
see the UPS man..
ABCDEF7 · M
https://similarworlds.com/8068524-I-Battle-Depression/1843069-How-to-fight-depression-without-medicines-Please

I Am Just Being Myself