Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Sympathize with the homeless?
Poll
somewhat
never
a lot
Show Results
You can only vote on one answer.
sonofsasquatch · 22-25, M
of course
Eddiesolds · 56-60, M
Without any doubt
LAlexV · 22-25, M
empathize* always
JS1992 · 26-30, M
Ofcourse I do.
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
Yeah, it's messed up that we have problems like this still.
MiserableAtBest · 18-21, F
Always, I’d be heartless if I didn’t
CountScrofula · 36-40, M
I find that a lot of people who have contempt for the homeless tend to be a couple missed paycheques away from homelessness themselves.
Fable · 26-30, F
[@624254,CountScrofula] I think there is certainly truth to that, but I also believe that there's a 'self' which determines how different experiences impact us.
Kittymoondrop · 70-79, F
[@330903,Fable] yeah some people kick around homeless pets too.
Madeleine · 41-45, F
[@624254,CountScrofula] I agree!
Tython · 26-30, M
I was homeless for a span of two years. This was do to my parents evicting me the day after my 18th birthday.

During that time I would learn others are homeless primarily for one of two reasons. Either they thought buying drugs was more important than paying bills, or they believed jobs were a means of controlling the populace.

Then there were people who only played homeless to get sympathy and/or easy money.
Fable · 26-30, F
[@943705,Tython] Oh stop being so offended you child. I find it perplexing how you'are so upset while talking about your "personal experiences" as if you are the only person who've experienced this and that.

I said:

[quote]How do you know that there wasn't genuinly something wrong with them? For a person to fake mental illness, I'd assume they have psychological or deep emotional issues. People who are right in the head don't go live on the street and fake mental illness, when they have other choices.[/quote]

To that you answer:

[quote]I know they faked because I camped with them. While begging they have physical ticks and speech impediments but when they weren't they were perfectly articulate. They even advised me how to fake it for better cash.[/quote]

--Completely ignoring everything I just said. Dude, you can't even comprehend what I'm writing it seems...
Kittymoondrop · 70-79, F
[@330903,Fable] Yeah there's a learning curve involved. How much of this stuff is discussed in high school (say) on an everyday basis?

But then again how much of our raw insane everyday POLITICS is ever really confronted in our established institutions... school, church, the workplace...the family...??

It leads to a chaotic unfair and barbaric street mentality instead of the ability to COPE with the catastrophic social outcmes of our collective blindness...about Capitalism, about our love affair with Capitalism and our LOATHING of being wrong about the basic stuff of our lives...

Who ever learned in school that Capitalism is a choice and not written in stone?

OMG PLEASE THINK BEFORE ATTACKING ME 4 SAYING THIS. Its only a discussion forum.
Fable · 26-30, F
[@1118414,Kittymoondrop] I'll reply to this when sober))
pagandad · 61-69, M
It depends on why they are homeless. There are people who, for one reason or another CHOOSE to be homeless. There are people on the run from the law who are homeless rather than turn themselves in. There are druggies who have caused their own problems through their addiction. I don't have sympathy for these people. I do have sympathy for those who, because of job loss from the economic situation find themselves homeless.
pagandad · 61-69, M
[@330903,Fable] You and I are just very different. I see mankind as vicious, greedy, libidinous monkeys, rather clever, but given to seeking immediate gratification rather than delaying it for a much greater reward. There are exceptions who rise above this. These are the people I consider worth my time. The rest I don't even consider the same species as myself. Maybe this is why I prefer the company of my dogs to that of most people.
Fable · 26-30, F
[@189866,pagandad] Well at no point have I been talking about this from a personal standpoint, as if I want these people to be my friends. I do not, just to be clear. I've always tried to surround myself with people I consider better than me, to learn and grow as a person. I am simply talking about these types of issues from an objective standpoint. I think we have more in common than at first glance; I too prefer the company of my dog over most people's. 😉
Kittymoondrop · 70-79, F
[@189866,pagandad] Its 99% people not having a place due to lack of sufficient money. My CAT never had this problem though.

Personal, Thoughts & Feelings