I Think the Ignorance About Mental Health Issues Must End

I believe my sister is bi polar. If I were to guess. There is no diagnosis because she won't go to a psychologist. She acts even and regularly sometimes but then she will act what I believe is manic. Super happy and talking about so many ideas ...
+ 2 5 replies 10 views Jan 3, 2020 |
Had my final session today. Feel good about it overall but still a bit uncertain about the coming months. "One day at a time" as the saying goes. Feelings will come and go as is to be expected. However, they will be faced with less guilt an...
100+, M
I think now more then ever society is ridiculed with mental health issues, you just need to turn on the news. It's a shame there's always been such stigma around it. When I was younger the sort of thing didn't cross my mind. People wit...
+ 4 5 replies 20 views Jan 2, 2019 |
This past week I was diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety. Honestly, I thought only people who were veterans had PTSD. I was completely ignorant and didn’t know other people could have it.
Hoarding is a mental health issue. And I live with a hoarder. Hoarding is when a person attributes an object to a memory; they are afraid to let go of the item because to them it's like letting go of a memory. Hoarders don't always col...
+ 7 3 replies 16 views Apr 1, 2018 |
Mental illness is a flaw in chemistry, not character. The only flaw in character I see related to mental illness is the way society treats those who are suffering from it. I struggle with depression, if anyone ever needs someone to talk to who unde...
+ 8 11 replies 24 views Jan 15, 2018 |
Too much research and too many resources out there for people to still be ignorant about mental health and what it entails. A simple google search would suffice. Hell, just open your ears and listen to what people have to say when they try and explai...
+ 2 9 replies 16 views Sep 17, 2017 |
Note: I am not the author of the following essay. What follows is the most articulate description of major depression I have read. ----------------------------------------------------------- Everyone Needs To Read This. Depression is humiliating. ...
+ 6 7 replies 26 views Sep 29, 2016 |
Hello everyone, I recently created a group and page via facebook in hopes to raise awareness for people suffering some form of mental health. With the group I hope to help those who feel alone and in need of someone to talk to or help. Letting peop...
+ 6 1 reply 20 views May 24, 2016 |

Health