Has any 'toxic' relationship impact your self esteem in a self destructive way?
7
|
My recent ex partner fucked my self esteem and mental health to the point where I would of killed myself if I didn’t leave her.
V00dooCakeNinja · 36-40, F
Hell yeah!
I felt I didnt deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. It was a destructive time.
RogueLoner · M
Yep.
LostGuy · 22-25, M
Yes, to the point where I can't even think of getting into a relationship now.
suchaslife · F
Absolutely
4meAndyou · F
Yes. My mother was, apparently, threatened by me. It was so bad, all I could think of when I was a senior in high school was that I would marry the first man who asked me, just to get away from her. That turned out to be a very, very bad idea.
JBird · F
Yep. I was being cheated by then bf and yet he talked behind me to his friends calling me slut and needy. I remember him telling me no one can stand me and if I ever have a relationship, it won't last long and I will always be chubby girl no matter how much I work out because I have a high salaried desk job. I believed him for a long time undermining my self esteem. I am glad I broke up with him.
PeemPeem · 26-30, F
I'm still trying to get over that part of my life.
Grateful4you · 61-69, M
A long time ago. Gratitude has changed my life.
[@881002,Grateful4you] share some
TinyViolins · 26-30, M
I've written about it at length in my stories that I don't want to rehash here, but the answer is yes. My parents picked me apart so much that I've never been able to have a healthy relationship in my life. I've spent the last 12 years trying to undo their damage, but it's done little good

Has any 'toxic' relationship impact yo... | Community | Similar Worlds