Spirituality & Religion

John 9:31 "We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will".

Everyone sins so it must be fairly quiet
Leggs · 46-50, F
[@977801,Aquietplace] hahaha oh my gyod :D
Carazaa · F
[@977801,Aquietplace] Everyone sins but God only hears your prayers if you are born again. And if you are born again, and also have faith and are obedient then and only then does he answer ALL your prayers!
Carazaa · F
[@977801,Aquietplace] Jesus paid my pardon! He hears my prayers, and answers All of them.
deepRed · 46-50, F
I was in need of a laugh. Thanks!
deepRed · 46-50, F
[@581377,deepRed] So you were kidding? You liked my comment even though I clearly didn't react positively to what you posted.
That must mean you were kidding.
Carazaa · F
[@581377,deepRed] You can laugh at anything you want to, why would I be upset if you are happy.
Then he shouldn't be hanging out on SW!
Carazaa · F
[@994303,TheFlippantSide] He is not hanging out here I am! He speaks through me and other Christians. He is hanging out preparing mansions in heaven for the day of THE LORD!!
[@889684,Carazaa] why does anyone need a mansion in heaven
Carazaa · F
[@977801,Aquietplace] Jesus says I go and prepare a mansion for you, so where I am you will be also. Those are his words.
LvChris · 36-40, M
So god ignores people who are in confession? Seems the church I grew up in lied to me. They told me god was listening, but I was a sinner so he wasn't. That means he never heard my confession and I was never absolved.
Carazaa · F
[@335805,LvChris] He only heard your prayers if you were saved, if Jesus had paid your pardon and you follow him. Then and only then he hears prayers John 9:31.
mrlopez · 26-30, M
well then...
Allelse · 31-35, M
Fictional characters don't listen to anything, because they don't exist.
Carazaa · F
[@415694,Allelse] God answers ALL my prayers.
SirBenedictTheSecond · 18-21, M
Sin with me, habibiti.
Dan88411 · 31-35, M
So then how is it that we can confess our sins to the Lord and He will forgive us?
Carazaa · F
[@940086,Dan88411] Believe and you shall be saved. Then we repent and then he will give us the desires in our heart if we follow him and have faith.
[@487686,erosa] Detour! Hard left, and onto the dirt road towards Valhalla.
Carazaa · F
[@487686,erosa] The tax collectors in those days stole some of the taxes going to the government so they gained a bad reputation 🙂
Carazaa · F
[@1182042,SirBenedictTheSecond] Jesus paid my pardon!
Elessar · 26-30, M
Bad for him, people will switch back to Zeus; just like when you swap mobile phone carrier over signal/coverage issues 📡
Good for 'God', #LMAO

Good fucking grief...when you die, you get a trip across the Great Black River like everyone else, and then from there, the Aether carries your energy on.
Well, I should of downloaded the image when I had the chance. Ah, well...
#CensorshipSucks and so do those that support it.
SamtheDog · M
Lol, kinda made himself redundant then. Oh well...
SamtheDog · M
[@889684,Carazaa] 🙂 ahh... the blue eyed boy! 🙄. Corinthians 2 🤷‍♂️
Carazaa · F
[@854658,SamtheDog] Jesus looked like any other Israeli boy!
SamtheDog · M
[@889684,Carazaa] 💃🕺 religious folk dancing around their beliefs 🤦‍♂️ 🙂
CynicGirl · 26-30, F
the concepts of listening is kinda stupid if you talk about an omnipresent divine being.
Carazaa · F
[@379797,CynicGirl] Jesus says "[b]If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it"[/b] But only if you are born again and obedient and have faith.
kanha · 31-35, M
"sin" is your own understanding of a situation.
GOD would not differentiate as that option has been granted to you
as freedom of actions, expressions and deeds.
Carazaa · F
[@997259,kanha] Sin is sin whether you realize you are sinning or not! We are all sinful but Jesus will take our sins away and take it on his shoulders if we repent and follow him.
Emosaur · M
• Your god does not listen to sinners

• Everyone is a sinner in your mythology

• Therefore, your god does not listen to anyone
HannahSky · F
So he/she doesn't listen to you?
Carazaa · F
[@868864,HannahSky] I am born again, Jesus paid my pardon. I was bought with a price. He not only hears my prayers but answers ALL of them! The Holy spirit entered my heart and changed me to serve Jesus!
SmarterChild · 22-25, M
It's interesting to see the conflict, even within scripture, between the use of "sinner" as a descriptor of all mankind (for we all sin) and some kind of insult for those who are especially bad.

Doesn't Jesus call sinners?

My understanding of this quote in context is that the blind man was calling out the Pharisees whose beliefs were insincere. Poor choice of wording on John's part, though. And I'm not sure what point is being made by singling it out.
Carazaa · F
[@1186483,SmarterChild] We are all especially bad. That is why Jesus was tortured for us and took our sins on his shoulders so the Holy Spirit comes into our hearts when we repent. THEN He hears us, and answers All our prayers!
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
That's gonna make repenting a bit tricky.
Not sure Jonny thought that one through! 🤔
Carazaa · F
[@763897,Harriet03] [b]"I choose you, you did not chose me[/b]" God says. He hears prayers of
Godly people and I was saved because my grandma and Grandpa prayed for me I believe. Then the Holy Spirit came into my heart and changed it so I see how Holy God is and how sinful I am. Then I repented and then I want to serve him and love people!
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
[@889684,Carazaa] So "god" does listen to sinners?
Make your mind up!!
Carazaa · F
[@763897,Harriet03] We are spotless in Gods eyes if Jesus took our sins on his shoulders and the Holy Spirit comes into our hearts.
Well John is full of shit.
GirlSerendipity · 22-25, F
this sounded wrong to me, so i just looked it up and here's the actual passage from king james:

[i]Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.[/i]

that 'but . . .' is kinda important!!
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
[@4359,GirlSerendipity] Sooo many versions!!
Carazaa · F
[@4359,GirlSerendipity] Exactly as I said (look at the image I copied in the post) He doesn't hear sinners. only those who do his will! who does his will? Only those who have the Holy Spirit, saved people who trust in Jesus who [b]bore their sins[/b] and who [i]follow[/i] him and have [i][b]faith[/b][/i] in his words. See if you read the entire Bible you understand more and more. I study for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours at night for the last 40 years or so, to understand what God means. So not only do you have to be born again to have ALL your prayers heard and ANSWERED! But have [i]faith[/i] in his word, and [i]DO IT[/i]! The apostles said to Jesus "[b]Why can you cast out demons but we can't" Jesus answered "You of little faith"[/b]
Ofcourse I am sinner and that's why I am being punished. 😔
Entwistle · 51-55, M
[@889684,Carazaa] If he answers the prayers of those who are saved and you are one of the saved..then why don't you pray for him to feed all the starving people? You can't have it both ways..he either answers the prayers of the saved or he doesn't.
AnonymousJSS · 18-21, F
[@889684,Carazaa] It kinda IS his obligation.
He's disgustingly evil for letting innocent people suffer.
He clearly isn't all-loving ans forgiving.
Ps: he isn't even real in the first place.
Carazaa · F
[@107950,AnonymousJSS] Do you care for plants? Do you step on ants or a roach? You have no obligation to save every dead branch. Jesus tells us that God prunes the branches and burns them like you throw away dead leaves. Why do you think you are more valuable than grass or a dead leaf on a tree?
Entwistle · 51-55, M
If he doesn't listen to sinners how can he forgive their prayers when they pray for forgiveness for their sins.
Leggs · 46-50, F
[@589276,Entwistle] Some so-called christians do believe that only a select few are chosen or eligible for salvation.

Kind of like how some cliques, clubs, groups, whatever are welcoming of only certain people.

That is not the way God operates. If someone wants to be saved, forgiven, he will grant it.
Entwistle · 51-55, M
[@1073121,Leggs] Yet some other Christian says God chooses us,we don't choose God. So which is it?
Carazaa · F
[@589276,Entwistle] God hears prayers of the Godly if they are obedient and have faith. No one knows why some are saved and some aren't. I think my grandmas prayers and my great grandpas prayers and me reading the Bible and me begging God for answers who he is and to know him have something to do with my salvation. I don't know exactly.

Spirituality & Religion