I Hate Banks

My Bank pays me an interest rate of 0.466%

So pathetic that I wrote to them to voice my displeasure
They wrote back stating that they are in line with other banks.
What interest does your bank offer, if you do not mind disclosure?
Iwashere2 · 36-40, M
1% if you lock it down
Gusman · 56-60, MVIP
[@1056803,Iwashere2] More than double my bank. Congratulations
Iwashere2 · 36-40, M
[@546016,Gusman] right..you lock down a million of your money for 10 grand a year..that’s why people buy property instead
That's why u put it in a mutual fund or stocks if u really wanna gain some money. Having it sit in the bank is wasteful. Unless u dont have that much then.
Gusman · 56-60, MVIP
[@967051,Darksideinthenight2] The stock market is predicted to down down substantially again in 2023.
[@546016,Gusman] lol the stocks always goes down and then way up. Just look at last yr. That hugh sell off which it reach around 18000 for the Dow Jones and then it up near the 30,000 mark and over lol. It a much better investment if u know where to put it in. Even being safe with your money like putting it in big companies, u will still gain more than the bank
What kind of a response were you expecting ? Something like this ?

"Dear Sir, you are right we are a lousy bank and other banks offer better rates but we make up for cheating you out of fair interest by giving you good service."
Gusman · 56-60, MVIP
[@760047,MarmeeMarch] I always voice my opinion simply to let them know that we (the Public) disagree with their Corporate Decisions.
My disapproval is on file.
SkeetSkeet · 26-30, F
[@760047,MarmeeMarch] HAhahaha
Viper · 31-35, M
This link seems to claim the best available for saving account is 0.57% (and I'm not sure it's the best banks offering the higher percentage either).

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/savings/rates/

FreeSpirit1 · 46-50, F
1 percent on checking if you maintain a balance of 3 thousand dollars
smileylovesgaming · 26-30, F
Well if u don't like banks u could buy a safe and keep your money in it
Gusman · 56-60, MVIP
[@576182,smileylovesgaming] Seriously thinking about doing that
smileylovesgaming · 26-30, F
[@546016,Gusman] really how much could a bank cost to cash a check
Almost like they sit around smoking cigars laughing their tits off.. whilst conspiring to make sure we all get a shit deal.

Imagine if one broke away and offered a way better deal.. would they not steal all the other bank bizz?

So why dont they?

CRONY capitalism
Gusman · 56-60, MVIP
[@327405,TheOneyouwerewarnedabout] I am about to write to my bank again and say exactly that.
If you raise your interest rate to 5%, the influx of deposits would make you one of the most profitable banks.
I will let you know their response in a week or so.
[@546016,Gusman] $50 you wont get a reply.. we’re not meant to be smart enough to ask reasonable questions
Gusman · 56-60, MVIP
[@327405,TheOneyouwerewarnedabout] I got a reply when I questioned them dropping the interest rate from .6% to .466%.
So I think they will reply. I might say I will be taking my money out and putting it under my bed😄
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
That's a lot 😲 I get 0.01% for savings I can withdraw immediately. If I'm willing to announce a withdrawal 90 days ahead, I'll get 0.02%. And for the part above € 100,000 it's -0.5%. (That doesn't apply to me though.)
Becksta · 36-40
I get no interest at all...

I Hate Banks
for people who loathe those money grabbing scum bags