I Love the Library

I hate not being able to hit the books while we are on lockdown here!
5
1 day ago
|
There is something wonderful about the silence in a library. Not too quiet but quiet enough to allow you to clear your head... instantly calming
7
|
Take a look for Swallows & Amazons by Arthur Ransome next time you're in the library. Set in the English Lake District and first published in 1930 it tells the tail of two rival gangs of school kids joining forces to combat the bad guys. Th...
3
|
Haven't been in one in years, a shame really. The smell of aging paper, the stillnes and quiet. It really is a sanctuary from the hectic, distracted world we live in.
16
|
Fun fact, I know every single employee at my library by name, even funner fact when I was 19 I recorded how much time I spent in the library one month and it turns out I was there for about 89 hours that month, Some would say I have a problem, I may ...
7
|
I just began to read Said Edward's Orientalism. It's interesting.
5
|
Where I live is with many people so I use the Library very much. It is a better place to work and study. Sometimes there are creepy people there but also the people who work there are very nice. In fact, I am in Library now! I post in here to help im...
2
|
I can sit in and just explore the books, the oldest preferred! Books are so undervalued everywhere, but I feel they are the most portable pleasure you can find! I would rather spend an hour in a library than an hour in the most ornate shop!
2
|
There was a time when books were really expensive for me or perhaps my father's honest earnings couldn't afford my story books. Ofcourse he had been always able to get me the best he could. But those plenty of books always enticed me. A...
4
|
Possible story idea
2
|
More specifically books. The smell of them, the feel of them, the worlds they take you to. Nothing like it.
23
|
I am thankful that the library has changed with the times. The library in our city has a dozen computers, coffee makers, and a place to meet. It's not the quiet, empty place that I remember as a kid. It's a pleasure to visit, read a maga...
5
|
I love old libraries, lots of ornate darkwood shelving, busts of important historical people, lots of hardback books and that quiet air of silent industrious concentration. Modern libraries tend to be noisier, full of computers and posters. More ...
6
|
I am a huge lover of reading and the library is one of my biggest safe havens. I was lucky enough to still have the chance to use the one in my high school since they are converting it into a computer lab. I was very upset but I am happy that I regul...
8
|
8
|
We live on a limited budget so we can't have the heating on all day, so thank God for the public library! You can go in there and sit and read the newspaper or find a book, and keep warm a few hours.
7
|
I love sitting in my father's library, exploring his books. There are so many to look at, ponder. It's a way to get to know him more..
2
|
They're great. Bookstores, on the other hand, are dangerous. The library is free, Amazon is cheap... yet somehow I always end up wasting my money at Barnes and Noble. Why?!
3
|
I feel at home in the library.I enjoy helping out at my school library. Shelving the books and doing inventory may seem boring to some people but for some reason I love doing it.
7
|
Nothing I love more than finding random books to read and winding up with a $19 fine...
4
|

I Love the Library
Categories: Books, Hobbies

I Love the Library | Similar Worlds