I Hate Guys Who Hit Women

An abuser isn't abusive 24/7. They usually demonstrate positive character traits most of the time. That's what makes the abuse so confusing when it happens, and what makes leaving so much more difficult. I know women, personally, who are physically and emotionally abused by their husbands, yet they stay and sometimes believe they are in love. I believe this is one of the reasons why this issue is still going. Abusive men will never stop abusing until women start to know their worth.

The biggest challenge is to convince a woman that it's not her fault. If your husband is abusive, you cannot ignore it. There's no excuse for a man hitting a woman. Ever. Self respect by definition is a confidence and pride in feeling that you are behaving in an honorable and dignified manner. Respect yourself and walk away.

Violence against women is the last refuge of disgusting immoral men. He who has once hit a woman, had forever killed a man in himself. Every time you mistreat a woman, you give up the right to be treated like a man.
14
|
Edited: 1 yr ago
MartinTheFirst · 18-21, M
Why wouldn't you be able to be in love with someone who hits you? [quote]believe they are in love[/quote]
Madeleine · 36-40, F
[@336516,MartinTheFirst] Obviously you don't read the news. Either way, no human being deserves to be treated this way.
SweetKiester · 46-50, F
It starts with a black eye. .. ends with him choking her. [image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/13/81/16/SweetKiester-2esVALYYL3wZcu0.jpg]
MartinTheFirst · 18-21, M
[@7243,SweetKiester] 🤔
VioletRayne · 31-35, F
[@731107,ButtNut] [c=#4C0073]I don’t agree with the assumption that humans thrive on violence. Certain individuals maybe but no where near all. Also you are ignoring the instances where violence is necessary and therefore acceptable like to protect yourself or defend another. I don’t watch horror movies or competitive fighting for that exact reason. But I love superhero movies.[/c]
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
That's something that burns me up. Last time I went to jail was for decking a guy for hitting a woman.
Madeleine · 36-40, F
[@597698,wildbill83] You are a hero.
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
[@2684,Madeleine] I just got so mad I saw nothing but red. Could've stopped once he was down, but ended up finishing him off with a hard punch to the kidney (enough to put him in hospital and me in handcuffs). Was worth it, when I was getting out the next day, he was probably pissing blood...
I agree. No one should hit anyone though. A lot of males are abused too.
tindrummer · M
All hitting? What about domestic discipline?
Fernie · F
[@2684,Madeleine] one adult disciplining another adult? That is a fetish
Madeleine · 36-40, F
[@331316,Fernie] Exactly.
Fernie · F
[@2684,Madeleine] that is different. That sounds consentual
Fernie · F
Only women with very low or no self esteem allow men to abuse them. Abusive males zero in on women with no or low self esteem because those men are weak troglodytes who have to control women.
Madeleine · 36-40, F
[@331316,Fernie] This is very true. I wonder though why most women would hide this aspect of their life. I know a woman who used to be physically abused by her husband for a year and a half. When her family would visit her, she would cover her face with makeup to hide the bruises. When her family found out, they wanted to her get divorced. She refused claiming that she loves him. They are still together, and she still complains about him every time I see her.
Fernie · F
[@2684,Madeleine] clearly she thinks she deserves to be treated this way....she already feels like she has no worth or she would not allow herself to be abused.....
lasergraph · 61-69, M
The abuse affects the kids as well, it hurts the whole family. I wrote this recently to bring attention to the subject.

LITTLE JOHNNY
© 2018 Edward York

Little Johnny lay in his bed,
But he was wide awake.
He saw daddy hitting mommy,
And it made his little heart break.

He held his hands over his ears,
Trying to soften all the screams,
The pillow he held over his head,
Wouldn’t keep them from his dreams.

Little Johnny was only five years old,
But he lived his life in fear.
And all the makeup covered bruises,
Were revealed by mommy’s tear.

He didn’t understand why they fought,
Or the things he heard them say,
Or why the police car, parked out front.
Came to drive daddy away.

Johnny had tried to protect his mommy,
But he knew that he was too small.
And he got really scared when daddy,
Pushed mommy into the wall.

Johnny saw his mommy punched and kicked,
And then another whack.
He didn’t know that when the ambulance left,
Mommy was never coming back.
Madeleine · 36-40, F
[@1319,lasergraph] Wow! .. so amazingly written. Thank you for sharing your writings with us.
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
I was on the flip side of this. Toxic, abusive behavior knows no gender, sad to say. I have no self esteem issues. My point is that anyone is potentially vulnerable.
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
[@331316,Fernie] It's not about who had a worse experience. If you had a bad one, I am sorry
Fernie · F
[@329500,uncalled4] I have been "abused" by a male 2 times in my life. I split the first one's head open with a frozen turkey...I was 10....and then in my twenties a guy slapped me across the face and if people hadn't been there to pull me off of him I would be in a woman's prison for murder. I really don't have a lot of sympathy for "abused" men.....their reasons for staying are quite different than the reasons women stay.
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
[@331316,Fernie] I don't make a gender distinction when it comes to domestic violence. There's no point.
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
abusers are always abusers imo, once they cross that line, they're beyond any redemption from me. They don't get to make up some bs story and go back to the way things were before. There's no excuse for it whatsoever. And you can never really trust them anymore, especially with friends/family.
Madeleine · 36-40, F
[@597698,wildbill83] I hope some women would understand that.
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
[@2684,Madeleine] sad to see a gal with black eyes, bruisers on her face/arms, and defends her bf/spouse when confronted about it...
Abuse of any kind is wrong. Violence is never the answer.

I Hate Guys Who Hit Women
Categories: Abuse, Health, Politics

An abuser isn't abusive 24/7. They usually de... | I Hate Guys Who Hit Women | Similar Worlds