I Don't Like Snitches

Don't be a Karen!!

[c=#7700B2]This Thanksgiving, if you see 20 cars at your neighbor's house, and you're thinking about reporting them, go to the fridge and drink a big glass of milk.
Why? Milk is good for your teeth!
You know what else is good for your teeth?
Minding your own damn business!![/c]
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
It is my business if they are going around infecting the community. Wear a damn mask.
[@561441,FrogManIsNotGay] youch,your gonna bannish me for celebrating Thanksgiving?? Lol
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
[@561441,FrogManIsNotGay] You are banned from the Recount Shoppe.
[@8638,MarkPaul] Watch it, if you want your contract renewed, Rudy.
AAAAAAAActually it would be interesting to see 20 people changing flats -
[@760047,MarmeeMarch] 🤔 pretty sure we got something to take care of that problem too🤷‍♀️
[@465377,SweetNSassy] An air hose rental charge at 20 dollars a shot ?
[@1098989,Donotfolowme] Highly suspicious - its due to Covid.
carpediem · 61-69, M
Precisely
Last time I didn't mind my own business I had swollen eyes and lost some hair from my head. Never lost teeth so guess I will report and be ready with an ice pack. Love, Karen.
[@465377,SweetNSassy] at least got a prize look at you
[@1098989,Donotfolowme] oh Karen, you can have that prize, I don't want it.
[@465377,SweetNSassy] you aren't getting it anyway 🤭
I like the way you think!
geoam1 · 51-55, M
Sounds good to me
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
I agree about not being a Karen, but in a different way. Just stick to the rules and don't act like you deserve to meet 20 families. Then the question of whether or not to call the cops doesn't even come up.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@421598,Becksta] very true, but only if everyone worries about their own measures. If a few people don't, that impacts everyone who does. By breaking the rules, they make it other people's business.
Becksta · 36-40
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] If you go round reporting people, you have to consider that you still have to live with the neighbours... and, sooner or later, you're going to need to sleep.

Perfect revenge territory for them if they find out who reported them.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@421598,Becksta] true. That's another argument to not even let it get to that choice and just stick to the rules together.
Ruth7253 · 51-55, F
Snitching on neighbors is Nazi territory.
[@1168917,Ruth7253] hehe.. right!
Anne Frank and her family were killed because a Karen reported them.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@998562,SinlessOnslaught] Godwin's law kicked in quickly...
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] Lol
Allelse · 31-35, M
No I hope you all get reported, I mean it's one day and you fucking idiots have to 'STICK IT TO THE MAN!' well I hope you all get COVID and die. But that you don't infect anybody else, just that you idiots who have to gather together for some stupid bloody holiday are the ones to die.
geoam1 · 51-55, M
[@415694,Allelse] worried about the covid but drank the Kool-aid anyway. We're all dying. It's just a matter of when. If your so worried about covid stay in your basement until they give the all clear.
[@415694,Allelse] oh,stop holding grudges from the Revolutionary war and let us have Thanksgiving.
Allelse · 31-35, M
[@100938,geoam1] [@465377,SweetNSassy] Civil War 2 would have been great!!! All you patriotic boneheads clawing each other's eyes out like a bunch of sorority sisters on the rag.
Asificair · M
🤦‍♂️
[@854658,SamtheDog] lol
Elessar · 26-30, M
I saw people gathering even amid the first lockdown here, and even if I were tempted, eventually I didn't report them.

We've been dealing with this utter sh*t for what, 9 months now? If people still haven't grasped the concept that packing in 10 or more around the same table, in a closed space, for hours - then so be it, Darwin will take care of them.

The only thing that bothers me is that, over here, they'll try to save their ass with *my* taxes.
Elessar · 26-30, M
[@465377,SweetNSassy] If those who decided to risk took the risk only for themselves, and not the unfortunate ones who happen to come in contact with them, I'd even agree with you.. that's really the problem of this situation. Also maybe the one who decide to risk will even be asymptomatic, and the one who decided to play careful but just happened to work with them will lose both lungs and maybe even life. Life has a strange sense of humour, unfortunately.
[@44863,Elessar] this might comes across as selfish but I just feel like, if you know you are at risk, than it is your personal responsibility to stay home and be safe during holiday times. I know you don't agree but I don't agree that the whole community shouldn't have to isolate, because of a few. Use the drive up grocery service, have a loved one get your meds, ect. I shouldn't have to feel guilty for celebrating with my friends and family.
Elessar · 26-30, M
[@465377,SweetNSassy] If what you're suggesting was possible, trust me, there wouldn't be as much social tension, nor the pressure for all to be careful.

There are situations one couldn't avoid: work, for starters, and anything connected to it, like public transportation/commuting - we can't choose to work from home if we don't have a job (or an employer) allowing for it. Also, not all have the (mis?)fortune to live in their own place, the reality for many is a shared rent, or even living with family.

It'll be sensibly better when there'll be a mass marketable vaccine - those who don't give a f*ck will skip it altogether and those who are concerned will get their shot and have a potentially fair degree of protection; but until then, we're all swimming in the same sea of shit.
vetguy1991 · 46-50, M
It's rude to use that name as reference. It makes me sad☹️.

Also I won't report, I just hope something good happens to everyone.
[@1157925,HopelessGuy] Well it's just something out generation says. Kinda like y'all used to say John Brown as a replacement for cursing. 🤷‍♀️
[@465377,SweetNSassy] y'all 😯.

How old do you think I'm ?🥺
[@1157925,HopelessGuy]🤭 umm based off your screen name and that comment I'm gonna say your like late 50's maybe early 60s??
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
I keep wondering whether you even know what a "Karen" is. The definition is an entitled person who thinks policies don't apply to them. Snitching isn't part of it. (There are several other nicknames for various people making false police reports based on the situation, but that's not related to this.)

So the Karen in your situation is the one inviting more people than allowed, not the person breaking up that party. You can ask people not to be a Thanksgiving Traitor or whatever for your point but "Don't be a Karen" only means one thing: Don't organize parties bigger than allowed. (And I fully agree with that, and partially with the other.)
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@465377,SweetNSassy] Acknowledging that rules shouldn't be broken in the first place would be great, but I don't see that happening. Your post made it pretty clear that you don't care about the rules and just want people to get away with breaking them.
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] Omg, I did not even say all that. I do think that laws are important, but to call the cops on a holiday party is silly to me.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@465377,SweetNSassy] then make sure there is no reason to. Simple as that.
cheesenpickles · 22-25, F
Milk is disgusting.
[@884629,cheesenpickles] hehe...your right it is kinda gross.lol

I Don't Like Snitches