I Dont Go to Church

They speak of love and tolerance They thrive on people's ignorance To make you all slaves of fear They feed on your anxiety To build their dead society They've kept you down for a thousand years They nurture prejudice and hate Condemn the...
5
|
Over the past few years, I can assure you that I’ve lost all kinds of faith in te church. I don’t believe in anything they preach anymore, I guess I never have, but because of the pressure to please my family, I forced myself to attend Sunday mass, b...
12
|
Well short story added, I use to attend a church before because a church friend asks me to go. I did not she was a Christian, hence I didn't know we were going to church, I really dislike people being sneaky and lying about that. I drop out of c...
0
|
my family is semi-religious. my mom and dad go to church, but they never forced myself or my brother 2 go if we dont want 2. i stopped going right after my anxiety started to kick up really badly, and my brother goes like every other time, because, a...
1
|
Back in Belgium when I was a Lad, mother dearest didn’t demand I went to church but she thought it would give me guidance, like something to abide by to help with understanding life in the idea of morals. But for the past 8 years I’ve left the churc...
1
|
Not this morning anyway. I went all the way there in the snow and freezing rain, only to find them closed because of inclement weather. #firstworldproblems
2
|
My parents pretty much raised me atheist. They taught me about different religious traditions and said I could choose to participate in one once I got to middle school, but none of them really appealed to me.
1
|
I stopped going years ago
2
|
I was forced to go until I was 18. Mainly because my father was a stickler about it, though he's not one of those religious nuts. (He grew up in an Irish-American Catholic household in a small town, so I can't really blame him, however...) ...
3
|
I find a lot of church people are very judgemental and it puts me off going there. Should we be given sermons? I believe in individual choice about religion
12
|
I can remember being a child and my parents admitting that Father Christmas didn't exist. I was so disappointed in my parents for lying to me for years. I can remember saying to myself that if they had lied about that than maybe they had lied ab...
3
|
I'm a more spiritual guy than a religion guy!
2
|
Old enough to (insert anything to do with being an adult) and I still can't tell my mom I haven't been to church since leaving home.
5
|
However I do like looking around them occasionally. Beautiful
1
|
Until July 29, I never even stepped foot in a Christian church.
0
|
I grew up in the church. We'd attend several nights a week. When you're that young attending, you don't really get much out of it, besides the singing and basic ideals of your faith. I remember hating to go. I went to one of those ste...
4
|
I used to go.I stopped going when I was going through my divorce.Pastor told me it wasn't biblically correct for me to divorce.I was so turned off.It turns out we rectified things and I never got a divorce but still didn't go back.I am a be...
4
|
I used to attend church quite regularly when I was younger. It was a place where I found the peace and harmony that I needed at the time. Unfortunately, now it doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. My heart is still with God but in a diffe...
6
|
I haven't been back there since I was like 10 years old.
10
|
My parents don't even bother anymore and they claim to be "devout Catholics." You're not fooling anyone guys...
4
|

I Dont Go to Church

I Dont Go to Church | Similar Worlds