What makes love turn to hate?

BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F Best Comment
Love and hate are opposites, but they both are founded in passion. And when you love someone, you expect so much from them, and if they break your expectations, it turns to hate because they've hurt you in a way that's fundamentally worse BECAUSE they love you.

It's why the first suspects in murder cases are always the spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, siblings, or children. It's never like, a friend, coworker you got along with, classmate. You hear about people killing someone they love. You never hear about someone killing someone they just like.
SW-User
@BlueMetalChick this is a great answer actually thank you
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
@SW-User It's something I think about a lot, because of my weird disposition with love lol
Slade · 56-60, M
@BlueMetalChick Not exactly brain surgery. Who kills, and ruins their own lives, over a casual relationship that is insignificant by nature.

Of course it's obviously done by someone who has a giant role in your life. Someone who's actions actually [b]affect[/b] your life

I don’t think love turns into hate. They’re different things which people often mistake. Love can cause hurt which could possibly lead to hate, but love itself is on the opposite spectrum of hate.
FunkyFlow · 36-40, F
For me its usually when I've fooled myself. The other person was never who I embellished them to be. Then I'm angry at myself and its easy to hate their guts.
SW-User
Yeah I understand that so well@FunkyFlow
Miram · 31-35, F
Hatred conquers and replaces love when there is great pain. Betrayal, abandonment, loss, abuse..
SW-User
Sometimes it does I guess yes. Some just keep loving @Miram
SW-User
I'm not capable of hate..I'm weird
SW-User
@SW-User you’re just a sweet heart is all
SW-User
@SW-User Thank you 😊🥰
royalblue1193 · 26-30, M
no communication or miscommunication
SW-User
Yeah that’ll do it @royalblue1193
zorroo · 56-60, M
the word hate is not in my dictionary.
SW-User
That’s a wonderful place to be @zorroo
OldMan70 · 70-79
Addiction and obsession with the love.
OldMan70 · 70-79
@SW-User Not exactly..
More like when it is all selfish and consuming to the point of exclusion of the partner's feelings or needs or desires.
SW-User
@OldMan70 yes. Particularly in the bedroom
OldMan70 · 70-79
@SW-User As a nudist, I always make sure everyone else is comfortable being naked all the time. When it always turns to sex, then there is a hint of addiction and obsession that you need to explore - to see if it will interfere with your concept of love with that person. There are many D/s relationships and sexually focused relationships that are just fine, though obsessive.
Hate comes from dissatisfaction from forced situations. Not consenting addictive relationships.
I was hoping the teachers of SW could tell me. 🤔
Of course they do, why else do you think I’m not in paid therapy 😌@SW-User
SW-User
I’m pretty sure paid therapy is worth it for the medication alone @DrScissorhands
I have enough here to last three meltdowns (not that I’m going to take any of it) 😐 @SW-User
SW-User
A great betrayal. A dagger into the heart.
SW-User
@SW-User yeah that’ll do it
CherryNow · 22-25, FVIP
When the $ runs out
Notanymore · 36-40, M
@CherryNow that was after the first date
CherryNow · 22-25, FVIP
@Notanymore you look broke 🙄
Notanymore · 36-40, M
@CherryNow it's by design
Allelse · 31-35, M
Living together'll do it.
SW-User
It can happen @Allelse
SW-User
Yeah..and when it’s repeated over and over @BeefySenpie
SW-User
SW-User
Yes @SW-User
SW-User
@Keepitsimple yeah. Trust can never be rebuilt the same in my experience
SW-User

I Love
Dating and Relationships