I Believe In the Golden Rule

Treat people the way you want to be treated (or would want to be treated if you were in their shoes).
Do I always follow this? No. But do I believe in it as a fundamental ideal? Yes.
MiserableAtBest · 18-21, F
I treat people kindly and with respect, unless they prove that I shouldn’t
Tython · 26-30, M
Treat people with respect until they prove unworthy of it.
Nanori · 26-30, F
I always treat ppl with respect and understanding but all I get is being mistreated like a trash in return
33person · 22-25, M
[@934648,Nanori] [@943705,Tython] [@473155,MiserableAtBest] And I like to think I am principled enough that I wouldn't want people to prop me up with endless respect if I am hurting them. I don't want to hurt people, and I don't want to be given respect for doing so, knowingly or not.
Absolutely! Well said! Bravo! 🙂🙂🙂
Reject · 26-30, M
I always found that rule so silly. The way you want to be treated applies to you and no one else.
33person · 22-25, M
[@471800,Reject] Well, the best you can do is to treat people the way you would want to be treated until they tell you they don't like that. In that case, if I ever didn't like the way I was being treated, I would want someone to change they way they treat me when asked to. Thus, the rule still applies.
Reject · 26-30, M
[@171136,33person] The best you can do is ask someone what they like. Treat people how they want to be treated. Respect to put it simply. Considering their feelings.
Jill1990 · 26-30, F
Yes, if everyone could do that, the world would be a better place to live.
stonesandripples · 26-30, F
Respect is a two way street.
SamtheDog · M
Yeah, but sometimes I cant be arsed 🤷‍♂️ to err is human.

I Believe In the Golden Rule
Beliefs Health