I Ramble

What do you do about someone that talks to you nonstop?

From good things, to bad things... Knowing some things upset you and they proceed to judge when you say, "Please don't tell me that."

Or is it normal to talk to somebody all the time, about anything and everything? 馃
NadieVIP
Depends if you like them or not. If it's upsetting, my guess is you don't particularly like the person.
JupiterDreams26-30
[@370627,Nadie] I mean the subject matter. Like, if they're bringing up a thing that is related to a traumatic event (that they know about)
NadieVIP
[@381079,JupiterDreams] someone disregarding your feelings is blatant disrespect.
causernamebemyusername26-30, M
Yeah I'm annoying:(
JupiterDreams26-30
[@406636,causernamebemyusername] Aww noooo
HannahSkyF
I think I'd just say to talk about _____ with someone else.
HannahSkyF
[@381079,JupiterDreams] they need more help than you can give.. sounds like the topic is off limits for you.
JupiterDreams26-30
[@868864,HannahSky] I want to help people. But I've been overwhelmed lately and feel burnt out... I have my own problems and it's hard when someone else is using me like their personal therapist 馃槬 Then I feel like I have someone else's problems packed in with mine, then I worry for them... And it's just a cycle that I struggle to work through.

My own therapist has told me I need to distance myself from them but it's hard because I'm stuck between being "selfish" and being compassionate
HannahSkyF
[@381079,JupiterDreams] the truth though is you're not helping them, through no fault of your own, they need more and you need to look out for yourself and what you're going through.
alongaloneM
Leave
JupiterDreams26-30
[@1136877,alongalone] Not easy 馃槵
IssaJokeC
my dad sometimes does that and i go on auto-pilot response

"yeah"
"mhm"
"yeah"
"yeah"
"i see"
"right"
"ok"
"oh"
"yeah"
"mhm"
"bye"
JupiterDreams26-30
[@1041230,IssaJoke] Aww haha
MarmeeMarchM
Listen nonstop - like this: [b][c=009E4F]uhmm hmm ..Ok.. ok...um hmm...right...right....right....so tell me more...then what ? .....umm hmmmm.....[/c][/b]
keep that up for an hour. Your problems will be solved.
JupiterDreams26-30
[@760047,MarmeeMarch] Lol oh my gosh
JoyfulSilence46-50, M
Can you block them?
JupiterDreams26-30
[@68716,JoyfulSilence] noo this is irl
JoyfulSilence46-50, M
[@381079,JupiterDreams] Look at the imaginary watch on your wrist and say, "Would you look at the time! I gotta go!" Then walk briskly in the opposite direction.

And make sure they notice you are not wearing a wristwatch. 馃榿
Tell them about Tennessee
Bri8931-35, M
They might be lonely and they don't have anyone to talk to about things. I tend to keep things to myself so I don't go on and on. If I do that I start to ramble incoherently anyway so no one understands what I say.

But at some point, if it gets too much just ask to take a bit of a break and come back later. Sometimes people just need to vent.
JupiterDreams26-30
[@1201485,Bri89] Truee...
Allelse31-35, M
Get em to see a therapist.
JupiterDreams26-30
[@415694,Allelse] I've tried
Allelse31-35, M
[@381079,JupiterDreams] Oh, then run!!!!
Some folks are just that way
JupiterDreams26-30
[@6757,questionWeaver] Trueee 馃槬
I don't mind being a sounding board for anyone. That being said, I work with a guy that will not shut up. Most of what he says is nonsense. I think he just keeps talking to avoid silence. I know I have no social skills, but even I know when to walk away because a conversation is over.
JupiterDreams26-30
[@371164,SooperSarah] Aww haha
eyenoM
SSSSSSSHHH!!!

JupiterDreams26-30
[@1150425,eyeno] 馃槣
Some people talk impulsively so they may not have meant harm.
JupiterDreams26-30
[@14748,Zebrawl] Trueee

I Ramble