I Challenge You to Challenge Me to Write

Another dream. Almost every night now. A germaphobe from way back, I know I have nothing to fear, I easily see who is infected, who has “it” the virus. I know how, and yet…there’s my mind, racing to another place…backwards to my Prime Time – rememb...
2
|
Yes, those are COVID lights in my front window. I put them up the first day I understood what was going on. I kept going to work anyway, me and my mischievous friend Bill…we rode together on the train every day, us two and maybe 20 others…with each d...
7
|
My boring days, wheeling them around. Chatting by the door, watching the Doctors get into their fancy cars. Now and then we’d have a moment, I’d hand you a chart – someone would come close, and you’d save them. But I knew what we, me and you, were do...
1
|
Writing challenge for this week - "There's a little hero in all of us" started by @Fungirlmmm An ode to the unsung heroes "Stay where you are! No going out" , these days that's what they all say, But rain or sunshine,...
4
|
Who am I? We have history, tracks of our blood traveling down broken shards of memories. I speak so that the others may be silent, and wear their masks facing outward. I cry that the others may forget, and function. I write that you might hear me,...
6
|
Rubbing up against me in your way, like one of those pervs on the subway, without the wink or the smile, but with the soft touch we settle down on the couch. I turn on the TV and see the reflection in your beautiful eyes, then you flirt, wink at me ...
1
|
Bounce Bounce Bounce The ball sounds different in here, in the big arena. Not like the school gym Bounce Bounce Bounce Don’t look up, don’t listen… I hear - ”C’mon Katie! You can do it” – Ugh! I looked up and saw it, the scoreboard 60 to 61 we...
5
|
WRITER'S WEEKLY CHALLENGE FOR NOVEMBER 21, 2019 - WEEK 44 THE CHALLENGE Choose at least four of the words below: •Rumor • Truth •Sneak •Choice •clearly My entry....as I catch up from the holiday lag... Rumor has it that I have the hots for ...
2
|
WRITER'S WEEKLY CHALLENGE FOR NOVEMBER 14, 2019 - WEEK 43 THE CHALLENGE Feel free to write as little or as much as you like, to get as creative as you wish by writing a story or poem, maybe a sketch, capture a picture, or find a song or lyrics...
4
|
Weekly Writing Challenge - Week of Nov. 14, 2019 https://similarworlds.com/3724831-I-Challenge-You-to-Challenge-Me-to-Write/3026604-WRITERS-WEEKLY-CHALLENGE-FOR-NOVEMBER-14-2019-WEEK Choose at least four of the words below: • Palate • Lips • Tongu...
6
|
Your whispery warm moon breath in my ear I squeeze my eyes shut tight waiting for… Tongue – shoots through me, Ah I remember this so well But I could not speak –my brain froze, my body hot It is Winter again and I remind myself this was years ago ...
7
|
@Fungirlmmm’s Weekly Writing Challenge https://similarworlds.com/3724831-I-Challenge-You-to-Challenge-Me-to-Write/3016746-WRITERS-WEEKLY-CHALLENGE-FOR-NOVEMBER-7-2019-WEEK?com_id=35306 Toes sinking in the sand Breeze blowing across my face Waves...
6
|
In response to the writing challenge submitted by @fungirlmmm https://similarworlds.com/3724831-I-Challenge-You-to-Challenge-Me-to-Write/3016746-WRITERS-WEEKLY-CHALLENGE-FOR-NOVEMBER-7-2019-WEEK We had chatted on social media for weeks and finally ...
1
|
I see you every day, and have for a few years. We are married. We know we are doomed. And yet, we are walking together in the woods. You drag your feet, loudly crunching the leaves, scaring all the wildlife away…Shh!....still, quiet, calm the stre...
3
|
October Evening
5
|
My basket is full of fish, I haul it up, the fraying rope still holds and I can eat tonight. Push-crawl, Push-crawl, make my way toward the fire. One and a half arms and half a leg, no more blood, but plenty of pain, survival instinct as ibuprofen. C...
3
|
His/Her long legs – Geez I could not tell – Blue striped Bellbottoms and Her/His head almost hit the door sill as she/he ducked underneath. I have seen this Junoesque beauty here at the gallery so many times before – and without knowing established a...
6
|
In your grip, I only know loyalty…to you, but I know better, I have choices, when I regain my control, my – “self”. In the morning, I run down the subway steps, focus on my day ahead. People challenge me, try to eat my lunch, move my cheese, but I ad...
2
|
I can get whatever I want, they are all here to see me. They have to, after all I’ve done for them, since the old days. In our tradition, this street is ours, we own it. Back in the day, kids delivered newspapers, they didn’t show up on our iPhones...
4
|
@Fungirlmmm's Writer's Weekly Challenge for September 19, 2019 - Week 35. https://similarworlds.com/3724831-I-Challenge-You-to-Challenge-Me-to-Write/2931973-WRITERS-WEEKLY-CHALLENGE-FOR-SEPTEMBER-19-2019 I don't always have the focus...
8
|

I Challenge You to Challenge Me to Write | Similar Worlds