Experiences

What kind of car(s) did your family have when you were growing up?

When I was young, we had a late 70's Chevy Caprice station wagon that looked kind of like this:

Eventually when I was 12 years old, they sold the old gas guzzler for a late 80's Plymouth minivan similar to this...

Longpatrol · 26-30, M
never owned a car. Too expensive, and public transportation is cheap and really good in Singapore
jackson55 · M
My dad had a couple of Chrysler’s when I was young, then had a Jaguar. His last car was a Mercedes.
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
I remember my dad used to drive a Lada. One of those Russian cars 😂
exexec · 61-69, C
Whatever was cheapest. The worst was a '61 white Plymouth, standard transmission, no A/C.
[@11378,exexec] My dad was the same way with cars, base model, no options except for automatic transmission.
Seewhoitis · 51-55, M
[@1144832,St0nerspud] and no right mirror I guess.
[@1140516,Seewhoitis] Of course not!
Seewhoitis · 51-55, M
I think that that's the one the Griswold's had in "National Lampoon's Vocation."
latinladybug · 41-45, F
[@1140516,Seewhoitis] I think theirs was based on a Ford Crown Vic wagon, wasn't it?

Seewhoitis · 51-55, M
[@876949,latinbutterfly] Could be. Some of those cars were related back then.
DragonFruit · 61-69, M
We had a Caprice Estate wagon (ours was brown)....great car! We had a family of 10 (I have 7 siblings), and it wasn’t uncomfortable.
After a while, some of us moved out & my parents bought a Toyota Corona (later replaced by the Camry).
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
I remember we had Toyota’s and then camaro’s, Z28’s and a corvette. All of them sucked.
PoetryNEmotion · 56-60, F
My dad was strictly a Cadillac man.
LoveTriumphsOverHate · 31-35, M
Earliest car I can remember was a Volkswagen dune buggy and it was fast
DearAmbellina2113 · 36-40, F
This is the one my dad drove for ages when I was a kid:

This was what my mom drove the longest:
My dad had one of these for years

Renault 12

Jeep cherokee
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
An endless string of shitty cars
Rambler · M
My father was in sales so drove a long succession of basic 4 door American sedans, all company cars. My mother drove a 1958 Jeep wagon, no power steering, no power brakes, no nothin, which eventually became my first car.
latinladybug · 41-45, F
[@4275,Rambler] No power steering [b]or[/b] power brakes? Holy cow...
Rambler · M
My mother was not big, but she was strong ... manual transmission too of course so she was shifting gears while wrestling with the big steering wheel [@876949,latinbutterfly]
samueltyler2 · 70-79, M
My family always drive Chevies.
railfan1984 · 36-40, M
My Mom had several different cars but the ones I remember the best are a Grand Am, an Acura, a Honda Prelude and a Plymouth Breeze. The Breeze was my favorite and I eventually bought it from her and drove it for a couple of years.

Experiences