Is it important e forgive the 'sins' of our ancestors? When the panzers sunk the Titanic, it was an evil act so do we forgive the Japanese?

When General Custard was defeated bu the Spanish Amrada at the Battle of Little Big Horn do we forgive the French? Finally, Adolf Hitler was born and raised near Linz, but should we condemn the Australians for this?

I am a historian and I feel we should not blame the present for the past...what are your thoughts?
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP Best Comment
LOL oh my goodness.. I trust you meant Austrians rather than Australians - perhaps an autocorrect thing. I am sure too you meant Custer rather than Custard.. there were a few other bits of concern, but Panzers sunk the titanic??? Not sure where you got that from?

Aside from that no, we shouldn't blame people for things their ancestors did. We have no influence over that so we cannot be blamed.
MaryJanine · 61-69, F
[@7167,Adaydreambeliever]I read and reseached enough fiction to take exception to your statements on certain incidents in history. If you are a historian as you say, please be sure of what you say on Social Media and about what.
[@348565,MaryJanine] He does have a [b]sense of humor[/b], though. 🤦🏽‍♀️
MaryJanine · 61-69, F
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] Did he ever see the "Time Tunnel" TV program in regards to the Titanic crash?

MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
I don’t forgive.
[@1055302,AmericanaChick] One ditched me like a dead bird after she did that to me, probalby unconsciously. She stays inside her SW sorority now. Lol
ViciDraco · 36-40, M
[@1055302,AmericanaChick] there are very few of those.
AmericanaChick · 18-21, F
[@657984,ViciDraco] I wish that was true, but it's not. Wasn't there a mayor who said she wouldn't take question from white people? If she was white and openly racist like that, she would be in trouble. But it's ok to hate white people, so nobody cares.
MaryJanine · 61-69, F
The man's name is CUSTER, my historic friend.
U53RN4M3 · 31-35, M
[@348565,MaryJanine] Custard 🍮!
GhostPoncho · 51-55, M
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Haroldhugh · 51-55, M
[@903658,GhostPoncho] Sir, please check your history...that was the Russians, that was why the Cold War started.
[@1202442,Haroldhugh] Is this GALLOWS humor?
Or ax murderer humor?
Or endless war humor?
Or we're all fucked so kiss yr ass gumbye humor?

Thanking you for listening to old Firesign Theater records Mister Hugh.... been wanting to tell u.
Budwick · 70-79, M
[quote]I am a historian[/quote]
[quote]When the panzers sunk the Titanic, it was an evil act so do we forgive the Japanese?[/quote]
KaliKali · F
[@841775,Budwick] God, you are so fucking slow. 🤦‍♀️
Notanymore · 36-40, M
But we will always remember the travesties cause by the canadians at the Alamo
Haroldhugh · 51-55, M
[@519030,Notanymore] Sir. I am here to educate and I must point out that these travesties were caused by the Glaswegians.
Notanymore · 36-40, M
[@1202442,Haroldhugh] conscripted by queen Isabella of Canada
spjennifer · 56-60, T
[@519030,Notanymore] No, no, the "Travesties" were French from Guatemala and wore glass skirts donated by the Japanese! Constipated by Queen Isabella you say? Indeed!
Nimbus · M
Seems like the magic mushroom harvest was particularly good this year.
Haroldhugh · 51-55, M
[@605026,spjennifer] I am astonished Ma'am, you don't eat bark, stones and curds and whey....you must think of your health.
spjennifer · 56-60, T
[@1202442,Haroldhugh] And our teefs, lol
smiler2012 · 56-60, M
[@1313,Nimbus] ha ha ha that is it nimby hurl abuse of words i have no idea what there definition is 😆
When Imperial Stormtroopers invaded Antarctica and towed icebergs to Australia with their star destroyers, shouldn’t Luke and Leia have to pay reparations to the penguins who were injured in the process since Darth Vader is their Dad?
Haroldhugh · 51-55, M
[@604557,stratosranger] A very good point Sir, but I must remind you that the Portuguese captured Princess Leila and hung her from the guillotine before her plot could be implemented.
deadgerbil · 22-25, M
A panzer sunk the Titanic? 😵
kodiac · 18-21, M
This is the most confuzzeled post i have ever seen lol
MissTaken · 31-35, F
Hmmm I think your knowledge of History is highly tenuous muck like Trump thinking Americans captured airfield in the war of independence
melissa001 · 51-55, F
God forgives sin if they ask for it. But in their eyes maybe it was justified.
However, if you want forgive them then yes do it.
hunkalove · 61-69, M
At least the past is only 6,000 years long. How much future is left?
🤣🤣🤣
Ynotisay · M
General Custard. Nice touch.
spjennifer · 56-60, T
[@324070,Ynotisay] And here I thought it was Colonel Mustard?
Ynotisay · M
[@605026,spjennifer] HA. Well done. 👍
Jake966 · 51-55, M
People chose the path to take so I don’t blame others for their bad decisions
AmericanaChick · 18-21, F
If this is satire, kudos.
Northwest · M
Is this why our national dessert is now Flan instead of Custard? I bought a flan maker and I plan on making some, one of these days.
Northwest · M
[@1202442,Haroldhugh] How about when Paul Revere rode through New England, warning the Patriots that the British are coming for their weapons, in violation of the 2nd Amendment, and Tom Brady responded "no one touched my balls".
Haroldhugh · 51-55, M
[@9416,Northwest] Sir, clearly you are also a historian I admire your knowledge.
Northwest · M
[@1202442,Haroldhugh] [youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2MhMsLn9B0]
U53RN4M3 · 31-35, M
I feel like it does nothing to "forgive" anyone for anything. I think it's ridiculous. It happened. It is what it is.
We all know oe that Jack and Rose sank the ship with their shenanigans
LandOfOz · 61-69, M
And the next president of the USA will be... Sir Donald Trump
Justmerae · 51-55, F
Uhmm... now is a good time to re-examine your historian identity?
Haroldhugh · 51-55, M
[@2144,Justmerae] Ma'am, I will have you know that I studied extensively and received a PhD (with honours) at the Skegness Historical Society, it is located at the back of the superstore turn right at the scrap yard. This seat of learning is closely affiliated with the Patriot University in the US.
You're a hysterical historian
[@435994,MightyAphrodite] [b]Perfect.[/b] 😄👍🏽