Have you ever lied to someone about how great their music is because you like them ?

I remember doing that to someone I had a crush on, and now looking back....it was pretty bad music.

No, this is not about you.
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
Replace music with painting and yes I've done that
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
[@526701,Stark] it was horrible. Having to pretend that I thought her work was genius when it was awful.

Never again 😂
reflectingmonkey · 46-50, M
[@8731,MilitantIrishman] [@526701,Stark] agree with both of you, its worst with art. for some reason THE worst for me is poetry, god, when someone asks if I can comment on a poem they wrote I just hope for some distraction to save me, like an earthquake or a fire.
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
[@9310,reflectingmonkey] I didn't even think of poetry. Mainly because I don't know many people who write it besides myself.

I think that would be even worse. A lot of poems I've read have been almost pain-inducing
SkeetSkeet · 26-30, F
Hahah that's why I don't date musicians. One guy thought he was a rap god and ruined it all for me
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
[@415169,BluntSm0ker] I might convert. Wanna join me? 🤣🤣
BluntSm0ker · 26-30, M
[@8731,MilitantIrishman]

What if theyre protestant bro?
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
[@415169,BluntSm0ker] good point. They would be too. My family would disown me 😂
Replace music with, and yes I did 🤭
SarahAndSamantha · 46-50, F
[quote]No, this is not about you.[/quote]

Oh, phew, thought you were admitting to being at my show last friday :P
[@902047,SarahAndSamantha] I was but it was good stuff since I like you.
SarahAndSamantha · 46-50, F
[@526701,Stark] I am SOOOOOOO sorry! I promise, we'll do better next time! :P
lol no, ill be more like eww what the fuck is this.
summersong · F
Not music but art...
[@334441,summersong] IT PAINS ME WHEN ITS ART
summersong · F
[@526701,Stark] it’s so hard when it’s art. And I’m a terrible liar.
No, I have not.

Thing is, I think people lie to me about liking the music I like, just because they like me...
But you said i played amazing guitar and sang like a sparrow.. 😔😪
[@349735,onestarrynight] I was drunk 🥴
[@526701,Stark]
I knew we shouldn't have opened that second bottle of wine 🙄
Gaiia · F
Nope, I usually say if I like it or not.
[@536386,Gaiia] I wish I was so bold
Gaiia · F
[@526701,Stark] haha I may just stay quiet and smile as well 😁😁😁
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
No. I’m not gonna listen to country or jazz or rap even if they were god, lol.
[@11509,Keepitsimple] damn, sorry god lol
ozgirl512 · 26-30, F
Music is such a personal thing... Tread carefully 🤣
eyeno · M
Coming from a guy (me) who enjoys music but can't even carry a note, I can't lie.
Rutterman · 41-45, M
Nope, but I've lied to people about their looks, their writing, and any number of other things. I did it not because I liked them, but because I didn't want to hurt their feelings. Never regretted doing it for a moment.
Elegy · 41-45
Music is great... some times. lol
green day..
gawd i hate that whiny shit.. but chicks dig it..
[@327405,TheOneyouwerewarnedabout] it is super whiny but, I appreciate the whiny !
KimMuhFknKim86 · 31-35, F
Yes and I regret it. That is a requirement for friendships and relationships we gotta vibe and have similar tastes in music
reflectingmonkey · 46-50, M
I don't lie but i can wiggle around a question with a lot of agility if I happen to not like the music; its very original, it reminds me of "some particular band", I like the way the drum track starts, it gives a very "some kind of quality" vibe etc. I can comment on it for 10 minutes without ever saying I like it, which would be a lie, or say that I hate it, which might actually be how I feel.
I've had guys sing to me over the phone and I've been like "aw, that was actually soothing" because saying "aw I love it or that was great" is a far greater lie that I'm not willing to say because those comments are the reason why you find shit singers embarrassing themselves on x factor and talent shows alike.
reflectingmonkey · 46-50, M
[@607935,HijabaDabbaDoo] i know, when I watch the audition shows and some people come along and say " my friends and family always tell how I sing so well so i decided to give it a shot" and I'm here thinking "how sad, this person doesn't have one single sincere person in their life".
[@607935,HijabaDabbaDoo] OMFG IM SCREAMING
[@9310,reflectingmonkey] exactly, I'm not gonna be the inspiration behind someone who sounds like a screeching cat and believes others need to hear it too. That is an injustice to everyone involved
mrlopez · 26-30, M
Naw I'm too honest when it comes to people asking me stuff .it gets me into trouble sometimes 🤣
That would require someone to like me first
I better brush up on my piano skills now 😐
kaybeeembarrassed · 26-30, F
I lied about liking hockey!,
TurtlePink · 18-21, F
Xipooh · 26-30, M
No but I remember laughing when this guy who I hated sang and I still feel a bit bad about it. Was funny though 🤣 he was being earnest as well.
MotherHubbard · 56-60, F
No, but I've pretended not to be annoyed so someone could learn.
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
No, if I don't like a song or an album, I'll say it's not my kind of thing and leave it at that.

On the other hand, there was one time when I loved something, told the writer that... and felt he didn't believe me -- which, to say the least, worried me for a very long time.
Powermax · 46-50, M
It’s called a relationship