I Love History

I Love History
June 6th today; the anniversary of the D Day landings when 21,400 Canadians, 61,715 British troops and 73,000 US troops landed on five beaches in Normandy, backed by the guns of the Royal and allied navies. Twelve allied nations were involved in the...
6
|
I Love History
Today June 4th, one of the most shameful political treaties in human history was signed, Treaty of Trianon. In the wake of that treaty, the newborn state of Hungary only kept 28% of the land the pre-war Kingdom of Hungary (then a part of Austro-Hung...
3
|
I Love History
And here we are living through something that might feature in future history books. The Covid Pandemic of 2020. We can tell our grandchildren: 'I was there when. . .' Entering sixth week of lockdown now. Deep breath!
5
|
I Love History
I have been researching the history's timeline of one century ago. Does history repeats itself? Looks like it to me! I studied the history of Spanish flu.. H1N1. How it begun and to it's bitter end. It started in 1918, lasting till 1920. T...
8
|
I Love History
Stay safe everybody. Throughout history, pandemics and epidemics have ravaged the world. Always humanity has survived and come out the other side. Keep as safe as you can, don't do anything silly and humanity will come out of this one too. All ...
12
|
I Love History
These are the first two pages of the book "A Journal of the Plague Year", by Daniel Defoe. It was published in 1722, and most likely based on the first-hand account of the plague epidemic of 1665-1666 by Defoe's uncle, Henry Foe, who i...
1
|
I Love History
Vellore Golden Temple ⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘ History 🌾🌾🌾🌾 The Golden Temple of Vellore is situated in a place called “Malaikodi”. The temple held its consecration on the 24th of August in the year 2007. This ceremony was attended by thousands of devotees. ...
1
|
I Love History
Srirangam Temple Tamilnadu. "We honor our Gods for building them crowns called Temples" Why is the Gopuram in the picture painted white when other Gopurams look Well decorated? Here is the answer On the eastern entrance of the Sriranga...
0
|
I Love History
There's always one kid who has to screw up the picture!!!😁🤣 ROTC program May 1930 is written on the back with two of the boy's names. I know that kid grew up to be a character. I'm betting this was Valley Forge. I'm still smilin...
8
|
I Love History
A great article by Pat Buchanan supporting the idea that communism won WWII and the west lost. https://buchanan.org/blog/who-won-and-who-lost-world-war-ii-137459
3
|
I Love History
When it comes to India , the good deeds that were done by Indians to humanity were never reported or taught in their history classes by the puppet anti Hindu liberal government of India, which were put in charge there by the invaders. Maharaja Adopt...
2
|
I Love History
How do we figure out what is really history and what is mythology? For instance do you think (1) this actress might have been the daughter of the folks who ran (2) this place?
0
|
I Love History
1
|
I Love History
Well, except for tragic events of course. It's been 40 years now since American Airlines 191, which crashed after taking off from O'Hare airport in Chicago, on May 25th, 1979. My mom told me she was scheduled to be on the flight but she end...
4
|
I Love History
The importance of Temples in Vedic tradition. Temples are like satellite relay centers where highly intense spiritual energy is created and sent all over the world to help human beings heal themselves physically, mentally, emotionally, and above all...
2
|
I Love History
Man, that French revolution sure was brutal
7
|
I Love History
On this day 60 years ago was the Our Lady of Angels school fire in Chicago, where 95 students and 3 nuns died.
5
|
I Love History
Jack Churchill - better known as Mad Jack - was an Englishman who admired Scottish culture. He was an officer in world war two. He never left for battle without his claymore and bagpipes. He's quoted as saying "an officer without his sword ...
1
|
I Love History
World War One ended 100 years ago today, at 11:11 a.m. on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, Central European Time.
11
|
I Love History
My class took a field trip to a reserve and spoke with one of the local leaders at his house. It was like being in a museum.
5
|

I Love History

I Love History | Similar Worlds