Have you been blocked for answering a question with a joke?

I just have been. My joke wasn't remotely "sick" but the person who blocked me said it was and blocked me for that reason. I mean, why?
Fernie · F
what was the "joke?"
Fernie · F
[@544805,FrankietheFly] No Frankie...it's a sign of strength to not care what a faceless stranger does ONLINE... you're confused about weakness and strength...that won't make this a pleasant experience for you
[@544805,FrankietheFly] I saw the exchange in the link provided. I don't understand why she thought it was sick. It was an innocent joke.

Sometimes, there's simply no good explanation as to why people get offended. There's no rhyme or reason to these things. I literally just found out I was blocked by a guy who simply didn't like the fact that I didn't agree with him. He responded, then blocked me, not even giving me a chance to see his response. Lol. I'm not going to analyze it. It's not as if I'll miss him or anyone else who blocks me. Yes, I am someone who is thick-skinned and I'm glad I am. I can't imagine spending my time wondering about why a complete stranger doesn't like my comments. I just mark him as a snowflake who is easily triggered and move on. I prefer to interact with like minded people.
Fernie · F
[@517284,HarryRidesTheShortBus] Well said! Thick skinned = Armor against those kids of people
A guy blocked me because he posted a question asking women how they styled their pubic hair, and I said "dreadlocks". Apparently he only wanted a serious pube discussion.
She blocked me too. She was rude to me a few weeks ago and I told her something.
FrankietheFly · 41-45, M
[@14748,Puffieke] How?
It’s on the “replies” history of your profile. [@544805,FrankietheFly]
FrankietheFly · 41-45, M
[@14748,Puffieke] So that's why trolls hide those, is it? I often wondered why they did that.
nem16 · 31-35, M
They should of told you to buzz off instead.😂 seriously though I wouldn't worry about it,plenty of decent people here too.
FrankietheFly · 41-45, M
[@794565,nem16] If you meant "should have", why didn't you put "should have" in the first place instead of blagging people's heads with weird word combinations that nobody uses in real life? 🤔
nem16 · 31-35, M
[@544805,FrankietheFly] Overreacting much? not my fault you can't understand a simple thing. :)
FrankietheFly · 41-45, M
[@794565,nem16] How am I overreacting? How do you expect people to understand a ridiculous, meaningless phrase like "should of"? I mean, let's face it, who really says that in real life? There's nothing simple about it at all.
Bertrand36 · 26-30, M
Was your response sarcasm? People don't like sarcasm.
FrankietheFly · 41-45, M
[@931690,Bertrand36] I suppose it was slightly sarcastic, but most people I know in real life would have found it funny. What makes people on SW so different?
Bertrand36 · 26-30, M
[@544805,FrankietheFly] The same as what makes them different in the real world. Some people think sarcasm is formulaic and lazy. That is, sarcasm is just the spoken language turned upside down. Why bother flipping it?

If it was slight, then you probably needed to add vocal tones to make it humorous. Which you can't do through text.
DragonFruit · 61-69, M
Yes, I have...posted a joke answer to a SW friend’s post, and she blocked me (which was really surprising to me).
helenS · 31-35, F
I have been blocked by a certain Mr "AmericaFirst" just because I made a light-hearted joke, and I am still angry at him. 🤬
helenS · 31-35, F
[@544805,FrankietheFly] ... just a flickering screen in front of him, empty beer bottles everywhere, and empty potato chip bags. Some porn magazines.
[@6602,helenS] lol. He blocked me eons ago when I called him out on a blatantly racist posting. I think he's blocked anyone with a brain here. Which means he must be having quite the conversations with himself. 😂🤣
helenS · 31-35, F
[@517284,HarryRidesTheShortBus] In fact I had a (public) conversation with him some time before he blocked me, about American "broads". Summary: he kind of dislikes American "broads". I would not disclose this if it had been a private conversation.
Lol!..

I was harassed and my name was falsely smeared for laughing at someone elses joke.
People can really take it out of context and overreact with malicious vehemence.
GaiusJuliusCaesar · 41-45, M
I get blocked regardless. I have that effect on people
GaiusJuliusCaesar · 41-45, M
Or a wet noodle
[@717388,RamesesII] 😳
GaiusJuliusCaesar · 41-45, M
Haha wut?
GJOFJ3 · 61-69, M
More than once. It is laughable how things skinned some people are. They must be offended at their own shadow
Yes, I thought that was cute. I wouldn’t have blocked over it. But I guess there’s no accounting for people’s sensitivities. I’ve definitely been blocked over misunderstandings. 🤭
It's kinda pointless they say something and then block just them like a little child.
I get blocked for simply existing.
FrankietheFly · 41-45, M
[@589410,Ceciliana] Why?
[@589410,Ceciliana] *blocked*
Crazychick · 31-35, F
I don't think I've been blocked for that reason, but I have noticed a lot of humourless dolts on here who don't appreciate a good joke when they see one.
Crazychick · 31-35, F
[@14748,Puffieke] I see a lot of disrespectful people on this site, I've no idea what is wrong with them.
I appreciate some of the lighter responses I get. Some people here really make me laugh. [@496415,Crazychick]
Crazychick · 31-35, F
[@14748,Puffieke] There are a few good-humoured people here, true. I just wish there were more of them and less cantankerous trolls.
Bootsiebaby · 41-45, F
I've been blocked for all kind of ridiculous reasons.
puck61 · 56-60, M
Of course! That is an SW rite of passage! My favorite was being blocked for talking about having a conceal carry permit for an ICBM.