DunningKruger · 56-60, M
Adulting is hard and no fun.
[@10617,DunningKruger] Why? I heard the world is more brutally harsh with adults than children.
DunningKruger · 56-60, M
[@950257,EmptyGirl2001] You just answered your own question.
[@10617,DunningKruger] so?
Quizzical · 41-45, M
Welcome to hell...
[@380163,Quizzical] Hell? Um...okay whatever. I've been through hell in school
Quizzical · 41-45, M
[@950257,EmptyGirl2001] School is literally childsplay compared to adulting...

It's not that it's horrific, it's that the grind never ever stops.

It's like chinese water torture... drip drip drip drip.
[@380163,Quizzical] Okay well fine. Whatever you say.
BelovedTed · 51-55, M
Don't fall for the BS -- don't get a job you will hate.
ForeverGrowingOld · 18-21, F
Yeahhhhh... If that's your attitude towards college wait a while to go. No point in going if you're not gonna try. Just a huge waste of money.
[@691636,ForeverGrowingOld] I'm Going to college. I already signed up for my class. I'm going to take it seriously. Don't put me down.
Lol. Enjoy yourself at school.
TopCat · 26-30, M
They are right, adulting is not fun. But seriously, go enjoy college, adulting only really hits after education :)
[@935986,Tiddz] Oh it does?
TopCat · 26-30, M
[@950257,EmptyGirl2001] yeah with me it hit about a year after uni. Now though on some Saturday's I'll spend the day playing video games or with Lego, just coz its fun and I want to escape adult life for a day. It's not all bad but stress and worries do just creep up on you :)
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
Here's a thought![image deleted]
RIP
Quizzical · 41-45, M
[@763897,Harriet03] 😂
TheQueenBree · 22-25, F
It’s just nostalgia I think. I always think I’d like to go back 10 years and have no responsibilities but in reality i know I’d be so frustrated without so much independence.
They’re being silly if they genuinely want to be kids again, but prepare yourself for much more stress than you’re used to too 😆 it’ll creep up on you slowly but surely and it’s still creeping up on me
english · 51-55, M
I think its all swings and roundabouts myself,adults who complain ,are immature people who dont want to deal with reality.sure you have more responsibilties at the same you have more freedoms,i never stopped having good time just because i became an adult. to all the whiners, suck it up skyppy
[@644861,english] Well they need to buck up too. It's like people prefer sugarcoated life. Life don't work that way.
Quizzical · 41-45, M
[@644861,english] Well, lucky you...
KaiserSolze · 41-45, F
I've found being an adult much better. I'm nearly 40 and so far I've enjoyed myself.
Eternity · 22-25, M
College isnt being an adult. College is school. It isnt the real world by a long shot.

Now [i]actual[/i] adulting isnt that bad at all if you do it right. Avoid debt, choose a career path that will stay relevant and has advancement opportunities, avoid creating/attracting dependents, and really it's not bad at all.

All these people who say it suck more than likely did it wrong.
NiftyWhite · 41-45, F
You’re still a kid. Give it time. Shit got real after one of my parents died and i was a “for real” adult with no safety net.
They're telling you the truth. Being an adult isn't fun. If you're only going to college just to party, than you're just wasting your time and money. You can have fun too but you need to take college seriously. College professors don't play. If you screw up, it will be your own fault.
greenmountaingal · 70-79, F
From my own experience, the one advantage to having had a miserable abusive childhood and an umhappy adolescence is that the responsibilities and problems of adult life don't seem as bad by comparison.
4meAndyou · F
If you are going to college to party, I suggest you save yourself the enormous debt, (or save it so that your parents don't have to pay it), and get a job doing something awesome, (like the Peace Corps volunteers), for a few years and give yourself time to grow up. I sure wish I had done that. But I didn't. I partied my way through college, and got mixed up with the wrong guy. If I had waited 8 to 10 years I would have appreciated all of it so much more.
TeresaRudolph71 · 46-50, F
They probably say that because they're looking back through rose-colored glasses. You couldn't pay me enough to be a kid again. But then, my childhood was not a very happy one, and neither was my adolescence. For me, adulthood has been better for the most part, but I know that's not how it is for everyone.

But I agree that college really isn't meant for partying, though of course it's good to have fun there. College is best when you're ready to learn and prepare for your future. It's true that adulting is hard. It's especially hard if you weren't prepared for it when you were growing up, by being allowed to do things for yourself and take on some responsibilities. Having said that, I do hope you enjoy college, but also that you get as much out of it as you can. It's a great opportunity. Don't let it go to waste.