Update
Only logged in members can reply and interact with the post.
Join SimilarWorlds for FREE »

Biden-era released illegal alien leaves another US citizen, a dad, dead in the street

A North Carolina father is dead. A 21-year-old Honduran national who DHS says entered the United States illegally during the Biden administration is behind bars. And ICE is now asking local officials to make certain he doesn’t walk out of custody before federal immigration authorities can take action.

The case began in the early hours of Aug. 2 in Sylva, North Carolina, where police found 51-year-old James Robert Bagley III unresponsive in the roadway on U.S. 23 Business near Sylva Plaza.

Police said Bagley had been struck by a vehicle whose driver left the scene.

Local reporting from Aug. 5, before a suspect had been publicly identified, confirmed that Bagley was discovered at approximately 2:46 a.m. and pronounced dead after first responders arrived. Authorities were then asking nearby businesses and residents for surveillance footage that could help identify the vehicle.

Five days after Bagley’s death, police announced the arrest of Mauricio Josue Alberto Sarmiento. According to police information reported by Fox News, Sarmiento now faces felony hit-and-run resulting in serious injury or death, driving with a revoked license, having no liability insurance, exceeding a safe speed and failing to reduce speed. Authorities also said he had an outstanding arrest order in Jackson County.

Federal authorities say there is another part of his history that began nearly five years before Bagley’s death.

DHS told Fox News that Sarmiento entered the United States illegally through Texas in October 2021 as an unaccompanied minor. Border Patrol apprehended him, according to the department, after which he was ultimately “reunified” with an unrelated sponsor and released into the country during the Biden administration.

ICE lodged a detainer with the Jackson County Jail on Aug. 7, the same day Sarmiento was arrested. DHS Secretary Markwayne Mullin is now asking Jackson County officials not to release Sarmiento without giving immigration authorities an opportunity to take custody. “We are asking officials in Jackson County to cooperate and not release this criminal from jail without notifying ICE,” Mullin told Fox News.

He then put the blame for the sequence of events squarely on the previous administration. “If it weren’t for the Biden Administration’s disastrous open borders, James Bagley would still be alive,” Mullin said.
Top | New | Old
Thinkerbell · 41-45, F
Borders? Borders??
I don't need no stinkin' borders!

Anyone that releases that guy should face serious consequences! 🤬
sunsporter1649 · 70-79, M

 
Post Comment