made it to the gym today

I'm lucky enough to have an apartment complex with a gym in the clubhouse, and last semester I used it pretty liberally. This semester though, I just find it so hard even though it's only a short walk away (albeit through icy hell) and this semester is a lot easier than the last one. But it's like five minutes in, I'm just so exhausted. I wanna be done. Last two runs, I only went twenty minutes because I just couldn't take it anymore. This time, I made thirty powered solely by white-hot rage against shit that doesn't matter anymore. And when I was done, I felt exhausted.

Three and a half miles. THIRTY MINUTES. I should not have to fight this hard to eek out three and a half miles of running. My aching wasn't worse than normal, I don't think, it's been my mind. I was counting down the seconds. I'm losing it. Really had to force myself.
LvChris · 41-45, M
Our exercise area is closed at my place.
BlueVeins · 18-21, M
[@335805,LvChris] At mine, they just closed every other treadmill so everyone would be six feet apart. IDK how effective it is, but it definitely makes sense at a glance.
LvChris · 41-45, M
[@4199,BlueVeins] The big gyms here are open all the time. Las Vegas Athletic Clubs are open. At all times of day, there are at least 150 cars in the lot. All those people are crammed into buildings that physically cannot allow for appropriate spacing with that many people inside.

And I do mean at all times. Even when I go to work early in the morning, the parking lots are at least that full. In the afternoons, there's easily two to three times that many.

I Run