Health

Would this bother you?

Poll
I'd walk out, and find another doctor
It wouldn't bother me at all.
I'd let them do the procedure, but I would be super uncomfortable whenever I had to wait on them.
I'd let them do it, but make funny jokes about it whenever I saw them at work.
Show Results
You may vote on multiple answers.
You need to go to a specialist for an intimate exam or procedure...something like a colonoscopy or if you're a woman, maybe a pap smear.
You walk into your appointment and the doctor walks in and you realize that it's a customer from your work that you have waited on for years, but never knew their name.
Would you allow them to do the procedure, or walk out because you're embarrassed to get an intimate procedure done by a customer you've interacted with for years?
littlepuppywantanewlife · 26-30, M Best Comment
No. I would let them do it and ask for discount.
Mardrae · F
[@1158409,littlepuppywantanewlife] haha...good answer!
[@1206142,Mardrae] Thanks for best comment. :)
Mardrae · F
[@1158409,littlepuppywantanewlife] you're welcome 😊

Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
Wouldn’t you know their name and make a connection? If it’s years you most likely would have known but if you didn’t I would leave if it were me. A dentist is one thing, the cooch is another.
Mardrae · F
[@11509,Keepitsimple] I'm not good with names. I work in an extremely busy store and have waited on the same customers for years and never known their name or profession. It would freak me out if I had to get a pap smear and walked in to find out the doctor doing the procedure was a customer.
Bubbles · 31-35, F
It wouldn't bother me, as they are a professional. They would probably be more annoyed, because they would assume I will be asking them medical questions every time I see them.
Mardrae · F
[@348601,Bubbles] I've actually done that. I work retail, and a dermatologist comes in frequently and I have asked her questions before. She's always very nice and answers all my questions.
Bubbles · 31-35, F
[@1206142,Mardrae] It probably depends on the person, but I have a friend who is a doctor and she says that she always gets asked medical questions, so she tries to keep what she does a secret haha
Degbeme · 61-69, M
Not at all. I`ve had a Cystoscopy done twice and my wifes cousin worked there.
exexec · 61-69, C
My father-in-law was one of two ob-gyn docs in a town, so many of his patients knew him socially, from church or the country club, etc. I wondered how they felt being under his care. Fortunately, both docs refused to talk about their patients.
Mardrae · F
[@11378,exexec] that's awesome that he protected their privacy. Some doctors don't.
Depends on the capacity in which they were a customer, but I think that's alright as long as you're not too uncomfortable.
mad205039 · 31-35, M
lol...my female doctor is also my friend
RedPowerRanger · 31-35, M
Deuces
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
Wouldn't bother me because I know of common everyday jobs that know about my personal life already.

You think your garbage man doesn't know personal things about you? He does just by performing his own job without really caring.

Health