I Love Manchester United

Guys, I have question.

Can someone tell me about what is going on?
Why the Man Utd supporters riot on Glazer?

I'm not following the news.

I heard the guy is a foreign and owner of Man Utd football club. But, what is wrong with that?

Perhaps some of you have explanation.

馃
The owners of a few top European clubs tried to create a super league and break away from their own domestic leagues all for money. Man Utd are one of those clubs.
Johnson21261-69, M
[@417364,Ozymandias] And they are mad as hell that an american businessman owns "their" football club. Same american businessman who owns the last superbowl champion. They are probably looking at what happened in american football where the billionaire owners built new stadiums, charged seat licenses just for the privilege of buying a seat at the game and in the process making a ton of money.
[@580819,ilovefood] https://www.goal.com/en/news/what-is-super-league-european-club-breakaway-tournament/1579xlo7z4uaq1vk0jnkxvzl5c
Picklebobble256-60, M
[@580819,ilovefood] Because in order to compete they would have to 鈥榠nvest鈥 - (borrow) yet more money plunging the clubs into even more debt with the expectation that fans will forever put up with rising ticket costs; rising merchandise prices; rising tv streaming rights ; rising travel costs etc. with no guarantees it wouldn鈥檛 bankrupt the club in the process as the 鈥榦wners鈥 then walk away having failed to create Manchester United Baked Beans which would probably sell in their millions, as the stock market writes it off as a 鈥榝ailed investment鈥 as the creditors then dismantle the entire club; sell off the assets (including players any property; debt; name maybe...) to........Google events Ltd (you get the idea) for pennies !
AsificairM
Cancel culture?
ilovefood22-25, F
[@854658,Asificair] 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檧锔
AsificairM
[@580819,ilovefood] nationalist racism is my best guess.
ilovefood22-25, F
[@854658,Asificair] I can smell that too.
Strongtea18-21, M
I think it鈥檚 to do with how they have spent money - putting the club into loads of debt.
ilovefood22-25, F
[@1162798,Strongtea] Hmmmph.. Could be. 馃
LookingForTheSummer31-35, M
Because he's a Yankee and doesn't understand the football culture in England.
smiler201256-60, M
{@ilovefood ] basically i think i got this it a is a show of disproval against there owners at the fact they where with five other english sides going to break awy to join a european superleague
Gumba1000M
He's also in masses of debt still, I think.
ilovefood22-25, F
[@11357,Gumba1000] More debt, more money. I can picture it now.
Gumba1000M
[@580819,ilovefood] Devalued the club upon his takeover.
nacnud31-35, M
The Glazers took out a very large loan to buy the club putting the club in a huge amount of debt. This and the various ventures.

Last night was a small minority of fans and I dont agree with what the fans did but many local fans are not happy about recent events and the way the club has been moving.

I Love Manchester United