I Have Epilepsy

I was just looking at my calendar, and realized that this coming Saturday, the 8th will be the one year anniversary of my surgery in which a chip was implanted into my skull to help deter seizures from happening. The seizures are still coming, but ...
13
|
Heading back up to Stanford to see my neurologist. Hope to turn up the chip in my head another half a milliAmp.
7
|
I never really took epilepsy to be life-threatening or something that could potentially kill me. I thought that, because I haven’t had a seizure in 5 years and on medication, I’ll be fine. But hearing about someone dying in their sleep after having...
12
|
I have tonic clonic, simple focal and complex focal seizures.
4
|
Well, the chip has been turned on. I was a bit nervous at first, but it was a very simple task by computer. And with a few tests to make sure it was working as expected, it was done. She turned it on to 1 mA to start. I will go back in about three...
14
|
Well, tomorrows the big day! I go back up to Stanford to have the chip that was implanted last month turned on. For the last few weeks, the chip has been getting to know my brain and it's activities. While everything is there, the stimulators ...
12
|
Well, the chip is in, my head is bald, and my skin is stapled!! I'm sure that's a pretty picture! Had the surgery on Friday to implant the Responsive Neurotstimulator chip into my skull & brain. I am told the surgery took about three...
9
|
Went back up to Stanford for some final appointments before the surgery. The first was with the surgeon's assistant. Mainly to go over the procedures of the surgery and to see if we had any questions. We spoke with him for about 20 minutes, then...
9
|
Alright, my friends, surgery is scheduled. Spoke with Stanford today. Pre-op will be on January 31st, on which I'll have four different appointments, including an MRI. I will also meet with the surgeon, the anesthesiologist, and someone else, I...
6
|
My trip up to Stanford yesterday was encouraging. I met with the neurosurgeon who will be operating on me. He made me feel a lot better about the situation and the procedure. He asked me questions and answered mine. He showed me the chip he would be...
12
|
On October 31st, I went back up to Stanford to talk to my neurologist about my options after the several tests I've taken to determine what I needed. We went over the options again, and agreed that the laser surgery to remove the scar in my brai...
6
|
Well tomorrow Should be an interesting day as we get to drive back up to Stanford University/hospital to discuss the next move and whether or not to do surgery, and if so, what kind. I am thinking I'd rather have a removable chip implanted than ...
2
|
As some of you know, I have been through several tests since October 2017 up at Stanford Hospital to find out more information about my epileptic seizures. On Wednesday, the 26th, I went to meet the doctor I originally met with in August. This is t...
3
|
This morning was a very frustrating one. Early morning, I was fine. We drove down to the pier to check on the visibility, took the cat into the new fishing shop that opened up last week, and got back into the truck and came up to the office. I was ...
1
|
(Written yesterday when I got home) Just got home from Stanford. Brain is fried!! Lots of questions and small tests to answer, mostly to test my memory and motor skills. As far as I know, this will be the last test. Next appointment will be with t...
7
|
I have just taken my 5th MRI, and will be put in again in May. I must say that the more I go up there, the more tired I get. The travel time from Monterey to Stanford can be a two hour drive, depending on traffic. This last one, we got up there earl...
5
|
Just got back from my MRI. What was different about this one is that they wanted me to be completely relaxed. They put me in a dark room to sit and relax a bit. And if I wanted to, go to sleep. A half hour later, he came in. Injected me with a little...
6
|
One thing my Neurologist and my orthopedic surgeons both wanted me to do was see a cardiologist, as I have some issues with chest pain. At times, it feels as though my ribs are squeezing my chest and a have a hard time breathing, but that has been d...
3
|
Just wanted to thank those who are supporting International Purple Day for epilepsy!
6
|
Another trip to Stanford on Thursday put me through what's called a Functional MRI. I was in the machine for about two hours. With this test, they are trying to determine just what side of the brain works harder to answer questions. The questio...
5
|

I Have Epilepsy
Categories: Health

I Have Epilepsy | Similar Worlds