I Love Films That Make Me Think About Life

Love (Karoly Makk, Hungary,1971) An elderly woman lies ill in bed. Her daughter-in-law tells her that her son/husband, who is in jail accused of being a political dissident, is a famous filmmaker in America. The longing for his sucessful son to co...
2
1 day ago
|
Shoplifters (Hirozaku Kore-Eda, 2018) It is not the first time I write about a film by Kore-Eda. There is a common topic in all of them: family. Here he tells about the life of a very peculiar 'family' that makes their living through sho...
4
|
The miraculous virgin (Slovakia, 1967) I wonder what there was in the air or water in the former Czecholovakia in the 1960 that fostered the creation on some of the imaginative, original movies in history. On the Slovak side this time, Miraculous...
2
|
Cemetery of splendour (Thailand, 2015) Two women volunteer at a hospital were Thai soldiers suffer bouts of narcolepsy that cannot be explained. One of them was a student there when the building was a school. The other can read people's minds...
2
|
"Spitfire Grill" The idea: That plain virtue can be more powerful than our fondest dreams of a happy future.
100+
1
|
"Moonlight Mile" Scene is a typical American town in around 1974. Idea is that the most ordinary of circumstances can create the most original of zen lessons about growing up. Time well spent I say.
100+
0
|
"The Miracle" from the early nineties. Scene is an Irish seaside town Its about the old Oedipal tale wrought modern and fun and sensitive! Sorry to spoil it a bit. I say its worth it though. And no pandering or billboards even!
100+
1
|
Who has seen a film called "Shadow of China"? And if you saw it what did you think of it?
100+
0
|
Idiocracy went from a silly comedy to a documentary.
2
|
"Desert Dancer" features a Rumi poem, here it is: In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my heart where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art. ***********...
100+
2
|
With all these people in the US screaming that they’re oppressed in some way or another I like to watch movies like: Schindler’s List The Devils Arithmatic Hotel Rwanda Beast of No Nation To remind myself what real oppression is.
4
|
I love movies that make me think about life like Sundance movies are really cool
0
|
Anyone out there love 90's movies! If you think about it they have some of the best films and especially films that are significant to that culture. Like if you think about it there clueless which was very significant to that generation but is ...
4
|
A good film is a good story. Good acting makes a movie perfect. But the main thing about a film is its story. Audience can forgive you for bad acting but they won't forgive you for bad story. Story is important as it captures the audience. Your ...
2
|
I love everything about films. I love acting, directing, editing. I love everything related to films. It has been my desire to become a movie director. I know it's a difficult task and needs enthusiasm but I am ready to accept these difficulties...
1
|
Company loyalty is everything. Might as well forget about your friends and your family. Your job becomes your mother and your father. Mess around too much and you end up in the grinder. Better watch your butt man!
3
|
There are so many! One I have recently watched again is called "The Lemon Trees".
1
|
The one which immediately comes to mind is Eye in the Sky. What would you do?
0
|
The Prince of Tides ❤
4
|
I let Peter Watkins' masterpiece play as i SWeep slowly and sparingly, .... hoping i might develop narcolepsy ....
0
|

A group for all those who see a movie they like, know why and really want to share and have others feel the same as they did, films that make you feel, happy, sad angry or pumped just share!
Categories: Movies and TV

I Love Films That Make Me Think About Life | Similar Worlds