I Love Films That Make Me Think About Life

the florida project is a wonderful film that made me really contemplate life
1
|
Such a cool flick,great cast,witty writing.
0
|
A good movie is one that makes you want to watch it again and again just to savour the details so meticulously woven into it by the maker. This is a Taiwanese movie that I could watch many many times. Contemplative and heartfelt, it tells the story...
3
|
A Hidden Life (Terrence Malick, 2019) I have to start my post saying I love every Malick film I have seen. I love both his poetic visual style, and his Christian influenced obsession with the eternal fight between Good and Evil. And this film is no ...
4
|
Parasite (Bong Joon-Ho, Korea, 2019). I am not usually fond of hyperboles, but I must start my review with one. It is official, there are two kinds of movies in 2019, Korean ones and the rest. Ki-Woo is the male son of a very poor family. He is h...
3
|
Joker (Todd Phillips, 2019) The most controversial, reviled and defended movie of the year. Is it justified? Yes, it is. It is because it puts in front of our face some uncomfortable truths we would prefer to ignore. 1- There was a time (70s and ...
4
|
The Wild Pear Tree (Nuri Bilge Ceylan, Turkey, 2018) One of my favorite trees where I live is a wild pear tree. It grows alone. Its fruits are bitter. It looks really destitute in winter with his bare branches, and really beautiful in spring where...
4
|
Secret Sunshine (South Korea, 2007) After her husband's death, a young woman and her kid try to start my a new life in the time when he was born. However, misfortune gets in her way again, and she searches for shelter in religion. If I was a...
2
|
Love (Karoly Makk, Hungary,1971) An elderly woman lies ill in bed. Her daughter-in-law tells her that her son/husband, who is in jail accused of being a political dissident, is a famous filmmaker in America. The longing for his sucessful son to co...
2
|
Shoplifters (Hirozaku Kore-Eda, 2018) It is not the first time I write about a film by Kore-Eda. There is a common topic in all of them: family. Here he tells about the life of a very peculiar 'family' that makes their living through sho...
4
|
The miraculous virgin (Slovakia, 1967) I wonder what there was in the air or water in the former Czecholovakia in the 1960 that fostered the creation on some of the imaginative, original movies in history. On the Slovak side this time, Miraculous...
2
|
Cemetery of splendour (Thailand, 2015) Two women volunteer at a hospital were Thai soldiers suffer bouts of narcolepsy that cannot be explained. One of them was a student there when the building was a school. The other can read people's minds...
2
|
"Spitfire Grill" The idea: That plain virtue can be more powerful than our fondest dreams of a happy future.
1
|
"Moonlight Mile" Scene is a typical American town in around 1974. Idea is that the most ordinary of circumstances can create the most original of zen lessons about growing up. Time well spent I say.
0
|
"The Miracle" from the early nineties. Scene is an Irish seaside town Its about the old Oedipal tale wrought modern and fun and sensitive! Sorry to spoil it a bit. I say its worth it though. And no pandering or billboards even!
1
|
Who has seen a film called "Shadow of China"? And if you saw it what did you think of it?
0
|
Idiocracy went from a silly comedy to a documentary.
2
|
"Desert Dancer" features a Rumi poem, here it is: In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my heart where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art. ***********...
2
|
With all these people in the US screaming that they’re oppressed in some way or another I like to watch movies like: Schindler’s List The Devils Arithmatic Hotel Rwanda Beast of No Nation To remind myself what real oppression is.
4
|
Anyone out there love 90's movies! If you think about it they have some of the best films and especially films that are significant to that culture. Like if you think about it there clueless which was very significant to that generation but is ...
4
|

A group for all those who see a movie they like, know why and really want to share and have others feel the same as they did, films that make you feel, happy, sad angry or pumped just share!
Movies and TV

I Love Films That Make Me Think About Life | Similar Worlds