Food

Do Coke and Pepsi really taste that different from each other?

They both just taste like cola to me, and therefore they taste bad.
Frequencys · M
They do to me
I honestly don’t like either and prefer, IF I have a cola, the private label brand my grocery store carries
It’s really good
Actually they do taste different. At least the original Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola did. Well before they started bastardizing these two iconic colas.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@822235,soar2newhighs] Fair point, these days they're so fucking corporate that I can imagine they've strayed very far from their original recipes and production methods.
Degbeme · 61-69, M
To me Pepsi seems to be sweeter than Coke. It may have changed since I last drank it which has been years.
ronisme1 · 61-69, M
[@72117,Degbeme] yes, I agree
ViciDraco · 36-40, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Pepsi sells a version that uses can sugar. But they both default to hfcs in the states. I prefer the cane sugar version.
Poppies · 61-69, F
[@72117,Degbeme] I agree that Pepsi is sweeter.
Yeah, I prefer coke. Pepsi is sweeter
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@406205,InOtterWords] I drink vanilla cream soda lol
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] that is really sweet 😆

It is also what they use at Harry Potter World for Butterbeer
in a blind taste test they are heard to tell the differnce

I think pepsi tastes a bit sweeter and coke a little more biting
Pepsi has a much sweeter taste. They're distinctly different.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@44604,Aidolovemostofyourthoughts] I always wonder about people who say that they have to "remember to drink enough water." Like they make a conscious decision to drink water because it's healthy. Like...don't you just crave water? I do.
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I always have a water bottle near me. But you're right, it's crazy how many people don't even think of drinking water.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@44604,Aidolovemostofyourthoughts] I have a friend who drinks a lot of water but he only drinks bottled water and it has to be Fiji brand. It's both funny and annoying at the same time. If you go up into his bedroom, there's always like a dozen empty Fiji bottles laying on the floor because he's lazy and doesn't put them in the recycle bin.
popmol · 22-25, M
they do taste very differnt! but they are both cola which indeed suck :p
popmol · 22-25, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] haha for me its iced tea but now i adore fuzetea too!
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@16938,popmol] Iced tea is good stuff depending on the tea of course.
popmol · 22-25, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] yes! i like all the lipton ones :p
SimSimHae · F
yep a whole lotta difference. i prefer coke than pepsi
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@509206,SimSimHae] Maybe it's just cos I hate cola flavor that I can't tell the difference lol
blackcar · 26-30, M
Pepsi taste sweeter
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@567763,blackcar] Maybe they use more sugar, or a different type. I know Coke is high fructose corn syrup here in the USA but it's made with cane sugar in Mexico.
blackcar · 26-30, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Idk I never really liked Pepsi. I always drink coke.
You should be glad that you have Dr. Pepper to choose from. People in Africa dont have it so lucky, they have to drink: Libby-Libby-Wahh--clicking sound---clicking sound--aieahh....
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@760047,MarmeeMarch] Dr. Pepper is fucking terrible, it tastes like expired cough drops.
Classified · M
Probably if both taste bad, you don't really notice a difference. If they both taste good then you may notice the details better.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@444927,Classified] That's likely true. You don't really focus on smaller differences in flavor if you find the taste to be unpleasant from the start.
DangerDingus · 31-35, M
One's sweeter the other is more bitter, therefore they taste like carbonated coffee that's been out for too long
DangerDingus · 31-35, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] which means I'll drink them simply for that one factor 🤐 although I still prefer extra strong coffee
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@428650,DangerDingus] I can't remember the last time I drank coffee. I've had espresso a few times in the recent past thought.
DangerDingus · 31-35, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I'd suggest trying it with hot cocoa, but you may as well just have hot cocoa by itself lol
They are both poison
ViciDraco · 36-40, M
The difference is very subtle to me. Pepsi is a little sweeter, and thus I favor it a little more. But I usually get off brand cola because the difference isn't worth paying double for.
MagnifiqueGirl · 22-25
I like coke more since it feels more sugary
MagnifiqueGirl · 22-25
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Middle East ?
jackson55 · M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Mexican cokeuses pure cane sugar. US coke uses corn syrup.
TimingQuasars · 22-25, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] you're sort of right tho im not the biggest fan of cola eiether tbh but same as you i found that the Mexican coke alittle Better than normal coke
basilfawlty89 · 31-35, M
Pepsi is a bit sweeter, but Coke has more of a cola taste. I don't really drink either as I mostly stick to sugar free soft drinks. The only time I'll really use Coke is with a cocktail like a Cuba Libre.
TimingQuasars · 22-25, M
I know right?! I Honeslty cant tatse the difference. I like the both of them. Only people who are addicted to soda can tell the difference. Soda is soda to me and not going to lie i do enjoy a coke somtimes or pepsi but mostly my favorite is sprite haha. With like a big meal tho
HairbrushDiva · 31-35, F
I don't think so.
If you try them side by side, yes.
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
Imo pepsi is a little sweeter than coke
[@506684,DawsonsGrove] it does have a little more sugar, but tastes a lot sweeter
AuRevoir · 31-35, M
Pepsi has a worse aftertaste.. both feel “strong” like I can feel them cake my teeth.. 🤔 pretty sure coke is just a molasses flavor really..
Viper · 31-35, M
They're similar, slightly different taste.
AussieWhisperer · 100+, M
Sugar in COKE is 2 the level of Pepsi

Coke Ph level is close to ACID

Lemon has a pH of around 2.5, but the pH of Coca-Cola hits 2.3 because of all the phosphoric acid coke contains
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@1203332,AussieWhisperer] Well technically anything below 7 on the pH scale is an acid but I get what you're trying to say lol
AussieWhisperer · 100+, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Correct most drink water is 7.2 - 7.8
exotically · 18-21, F
pepsi max has the worst taste
smileylovesgaming · 26-30, F
They don't really taste that different to me
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
A guy on YouTube who makes his own sodas mixed up like 20 different batches of cola, mixed them up, and also put in Coca-Cola. Then he ranked them from least taste to most taste. He found that Coke had the least taste, to his surprise, and also that he prefered it to all the others. Modern colas have little taste. They are just bubbly and sweet and more-or-less acidic.

Colas in the past had a lot of flavor, and the various oils in them were discernable. Some of the off-beat colas in foreign countries have a [b]bit[/b] more taste than Coke/Pepsi. It's fun to find the most tasteful ones when traveling. Found a good Latin American cola in Saudi Arabia.
ronisme1 · 61-69, M
I like lemonade and coke, dont like Pepsi
Poppies · 61-69, F
They taste different to me; I prefer Coke.

Food