I Remember Life Before the Internet

Post Rating Level: | | | |

Two words: yellow pages! I remember flipping through them for fun as girl, looking at all of the business ads.
9
|
Remember the days when sticks were the magical toy? From sword to wand, from bat to just about anything else. When we used to bet marbles instead of staring at electronic bricks and when riding bikes out to the creek, just because, were all the thing...
9
|
Internet has changed how people life. Nowadays to get career on entertainment world like singing people can upload their video on youtube, if they are lucky they could be scouted by music producer but in the older days we must compete and proof ourse...
4
|
I am revving up my mind for a quick get away. When something doesn't serve me with joy or brings me peace of mind. Time to let it go! It was in 2007 when I first turned on a computer. First places I went were cooking sites, read about true even...
2
|
Either I played video games, watched tv all day, or my Dad forced me to go outside to play with my school friends. It was fun back then.
6
|
How was it? In the dark ages
12
|
I remember at academy to go to library to write essay and to study. To have to look through book on shelf and have many books on desk, read through to find important information. Today I think student is easy for them! To sit and to read online to a...
11
|
I remember, and I'm trying hard to hang on to it!
8
|
its hard to remember what my dreams were like before waking up
0
|
I didn't grow up with it. I didn't even know it existed until my last couple years of high school when we had to cite an internet source for research on essays. I didn't discover social media till my 20s, and that was a confusing mes...
4
|
Life before the internet when we watched tv and no iPhones , iPads or google ! It was sort of boring but we watched All My Children which started to become pathetic ! They took Nina and Cliff off the show ! They killed off Jenny ! I started watching ...
1
|
from the neon ninetys
1
|
So this time I've actually enjoyed the new website! But I am concerned about people giving out their real info. Little tip for everyone new and old members nothing is what it seems always keep your real info safe that's why we have user nam...
3
|
Before good ole dialup internet found its way into my rural home, I spent most of my time in the woods. I had my favorite "bike trails," which were just trails made by wildlife. "Too hot" and "too cold" didn't exist...
2
|
How did we buy things? How did we know where we were going? How did we find random videos of kittens who form improbable friendships with ducklings? Such dark, dismal times!
4
|
This site is darkly infested by cold-blooded vampires.
2
|
Yeah, most of first graders I knew were glued to their Tamagotchi all day long, stressing that their pet might die if they didn't check them every five minutes. 😐 Other kids were glued to TV or played MS-DOS computer games.
3
|
Yup, it was playing with legos every day. I'm sure there was internet but I was oblivious to it.
1
|
Back when we had to send telegrams and shiz. Hard times
4
|
Do you remember life before the internet? What was it like? My friends and I had to use some serious imagination. Call of Duty was using sticks as guns, and rocks as grenades. I know it sounds innocent, but we were kind of brutal. There were plenty...
3
|

I Remember Life Before the Internet
Categories: Hobbies

I Remember Life Before the Internet | Similar Worlds