I Attempted Suicide

My 1983 suicide attempts

In the fall of 1983-as an 18 year old senior in Houston, Texas-and while suffering from biochemically-based genetically inherited depression-AND while suffering from CIRCUMSTANTIAL depression-I tried several times to commit suicide via the use of pillow cases and slashing my left wrist with a sharp knife. Thankfully-I was not successful. In late 1983/early 1984-I was placed on a medicinal anti-depressant from a medical doctor-while SIMULTANEOUSLY receiving "talk" therapy from a licensed clinical psychologist. As a result-I gradually recovered; became happy and productive; and finished my Senior year of high school-graduating on Friday morning, July 20'th, 1984 with a high school diploma.
Curious: Where you intent on killing yourself or crying for attention?
[@126988,triviaenthusiast] People who haven’t been in that situation, believe that’s killing yourself is sooooo easy.
It’s not.
triviaenthusiast · 56-60, M
[@207746,CereBellum] Exactly.
CULTure · 31-35, F
[@207746,CereBellum] I believe you but generally even though I've never tried to take my own life, I can't believe people think it's easy to kill oneself. I think that view stems from judgement rather than empathy because if they were empathic towards the suicide victim, they'd know that killing yourself is much easier said than done.

I mean to know the pain that would happen if the suicide goes wrong or the pain of killing yourself generally, that's kind of like stabbing yourself repeatedly, I don't get why people think that would be an easy thing to do. You already have the anticipation of the pain that death is going to cause.

Ug people.
triviaenthusiast · 56-60, M
[@1077581,ammelee] Thank you.
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
Congrats, mate.
triviaenthusiast · 56-60, M
[@8638,MarkPaul] Thank you!
CULTure · 31-35, F
This must mean that something wanted you to live, I'm not talking about God but something said "hey get a hint it's not your time yet." And so fate gave you a hint lol 😂

I Attempted Suicide
If you're in a crisis, please call 1-800-784-2433 or 1-800-273-8255 for immediate help and support.
Health Suicide