I Dont Like Small Talk

Do some religous people use God as an excuse to hurt others ?

As if God is ok with someone hurting others ..since he is all about love

I just think some people use it as an excuse to do certain things because God told them to

Thoughts ?
Max1326-30, M
Many do , not some .
[@1211871,Max13] I didn't take a head count 馃
Max1326-30, M
[@1207913,Handmaidssnail] You still counted good as many as you counted my dear .
causernamebemyusername26-30, M
People don't listen to God. They listen to the Bible. Which has become a God to many people. And there are verses for both good and evil in the Bible. Want a verse that says no killing? There is one for that. Want a verse that says it's okay to kill? There is a verse for that.
When people talk about hearing God they are hearing their own conscience. But not all people have a conscience. Psychopaths for example who's brains are literally wired to derive pleasure from hurting others.
So neither ends up working to prevent evil.
[@406636,causernamebemyusername] people tend to cherry pick
WintaTheAngle41-45, M
It鈥檚 been known, or do more I鈥檒l deeds thinking they鈥檒l be forgiven.
[@1064814,WintaTheAngle] repentance
Jessmari41-45
Yes, In hope that the victim can't argue their reasoning having a silent partner pulling the strings.
Roadsterrider51-55, M
I think if someone uses any religion to try to hurt others, they are missing the point. As a Christian, I have been taught and read from the Bible that I should be considerate and compassionate to others, to take care of the poor and orphans and widows. To be kind to strangers and travelers. At the same time, I am not expected to be an object of abuse, not to be anyone else's door mat.
hunkalove61-69, M
You haven't read the Bible. It's an incredibly violent book. God seems to hate everyone, especially His "Chosen People." Even His son.
[@45528,hunkalove] many things are left up to interpretation in the Bible it would seem
BlueSkyKingM
The word 鈥渕oral鈥 appears nowhere in the bible. Neither does 鈥渕orality,鈥 鈥渆thics鈥 or 鈥渆thical.鈥
Dan8841131-35, M
Yep, some people have the audacity to justify distasteful behavior based on God and/or the Bible.
Notanymore36-40, M
I've always thought it a sin to assume the mind and the will and judgment reserved for god, or the gods. But what do I know?
[@519030,Notanymore] good point
Anyone who convinces themselves they are on the side of right is able to do so much more that's wrong. That's why people who see themselves as being good because they follow God are going to do bad. Those who believe that following God means understanding that they [i] aren't[/i] good, but bad (such as "total depravity") are going to do good.
Justmerae51-55, F
I suppose that is true and others just do their best while being mocked, dismissed,and being sneered at. However, we are told (in bible) not to be surprised by those responses.
Hypocrites love the lable but not the "love your enemies" part.
some broken people hide behind their special "relationship" with "God" to hide their brokenness

some good therapists teach peple to bond with DOGS instead
Why are you Handmaids nail?
HatterM46-50, M
I don't like people who use religion as their cop-out in any way. They're worshipping themselves nothing else, while looking down on others. That's what it seems like.

I Dont Like Small Talk