I Am a Parent

It has been about 2 months since I have seen my children, I was supposed to have them this weekend. I cannot leave my wife alone for the 4 hours it takes to get my children from their mother and back home again. My wife has difficulties going for drives due to her disease. My ex wife will not bring the children to me and she won't allow anyone else to pick them up on my behalf. My wife doesn't feel comfortable with anyone else taking care of her with me away that long. I miss my children. It is just one more thing to make my life more miserable.
9
|
Someone's feelings are going to get hurt. Yours, your kids, your ex or your new wife. You get to choose. I feel bad for you.
[@557876,gmatthewb] And you can't find anyone to stay with her for a short time?
gmatthewb · 46-50, M
[@78387,Stereoguy] Not that is physically able to help her roll over or stand if she needs thw bathroom.
[@557876,gmatthewb] Sorry to hear that.
FLami · 26-30, M
Doesn't seem fair to me that your ex gets to choose or refuse for that matter who can pick the kids up on your behalf. Find someone, a family member preferably(someone she can't easily question their character), who is willing to drive your kids to your house and than confront your ex about it. She shouldn't keep the kids away from their father.
gmatthewb · 46-50, M
[@559768,FLami] Problem is trying to schedule picking my kids up. If my wife doesn't feel strong enough to get out of bed when I need to leave to get my kids, I can't go anywhere.
FLami · 26-30, M
It's a difficult situation with no easy solutions. Sorry you have to go through this. I hope you get to see your kids soon.
gmatthewb · 46-50, M
[@559768,FLami] Thank you. Don't think there is a solution.
WelshLovely · 41-45, F
I don't think your current wife is being very fair to be honest. Effectively asking you to choose between taking care of her or picking your kids up because she doesn't feel comfortable with someone else for a couple of hours is really wrong.
In his wife’s defense, she has very little time left with her husband and the kids have the rest of their lives. He’s doing the right thing in my opinion.[@1767,WelshLovely]
You’re doing the right thing.[@557876,gmatthewb]
gmatthewb · 46-50, M
[@616041,AAA777] Thank you
updown2020 · 56-60, M
Well what about your family have you asked them if they would pick up your kids? And what is your legal rights to the kids.
updown2020 · 56-60, M
[@557876,gmatthewb] Yea but still at least you have contact yea it's not great but you are trying well can the kids come to you?
gmatthewb · 46-50, M
[@117301,updown2020] I am trying. No, they cannot come to me, looked into that option too.
updown2020 · 56-60, M
Yea I think you said it would be a four hour trip or something like that.
Peaches · F
My goodness?!😟Seems as though you are really be tested for some reason. Wish I had something helpful to say, your ex wife sounds like a "B!"😯

I Am a Parent
Categories: Fatherhood, Motherhood, Parenting and Family

It has been about 2 months since I have seen my ch... | I Am a Parent | Similar Worlds