I Have Something To Share

So I’m on week 6 of being on a dating app, & I’ve been actively dating for the past 5 weeks. I’ve met up with 8 guys already, some with chemistry, some without, & all younger than me.

In these 6 weeks, I’ve reached 415 likes on the app, but I don’t know who these men are unless they message me. I don’t respond to all the messages, but in the past 6 weeks, I’ve texted with over 60 men.

Many disappear like a puff of smoke when I don’t give them what they want. But when one disappears, another one comes along, so it’s never ending.

I’ve been catfished/scammed by 4 men already, & thanks to some online friends, I’ve been able to weed them out.

As fun & exciting as it is sometimes, it can also be exasperating with some flaky men I’ve had to deal with.

I can tell you this much. The men on EP & SW that I’ve befriended over the years, have been a lot more genuine & have been really good friends to me than most of the ones I’m meeting through the app. So that’s why I’m going to continue going to meet-up events because at least I might be able to meet some guys in person, who won’t just see me as hook-up material. But I still stay positive no matter what. ☺️😊

On a side note, there are some crafty men who send interesting messages like these, even if they are a little cheesy. 😅 And no, I didn’t message him back.

[image deleted]
[image deleted]
dmc313 · 31-35, M
So basically, you're asking me out.
marsbar · F
[@465918,dmc313]

*cringes at the thought of me in lingerie* 😄
dmc313 · 31-35, M
[@73351,marsbar] If you love Italian, Mexican and Soul Food....you will think about it 😉
marsbar · F
I’ll think about it. Lol [@465918,dmc313]
KaysHealingPath · 31-35, F
Omg those are super cheesy
I wonder how many times they’ve copied and pasted these? Lol
marsbar · F
So very true. Lol! [@7704,KaysHealingPath]
WindTherapy · 56-60, M
[@7704,KaysHealingPath] You mean they're not unique to each lady?? 🤔 😂
Chevy454 · 41-45, M
Just started on a dating site 3 days ago. Ugghhh!!
Chevy454 · 41-45, M
Don’t know if they’re just full of crap or what. A lot of Christians too[@73351,marsbar]
marsbar · F
That’s hilarious!!! 🤣[@1004204,Chevy454]
Chevy454 · 41-45, M
Yes it is!![@73351,marsbar]
Those are both horrible. 🤦🏻‍♂️😆 When the dust settles for me and I’m ready to start dating, I can’t see myself doing the dating app thing.
marsbar · F
Meet up groups may be more your speed. You can meet up with people with similar music interests as you. :) [@812185,BamPow]
That’s definitely going to be my speed. I’m also really into hiking, so I could see myself joining a hiking group next spring, too. [@73351,marsbar]
marsbar · F
Perfect! 😁[@812185,BamPow]
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
The men (and women) on SW adore you!

LOL! Those messages you got are funny.

I hope you find a wonderful man. Maybe you will get lucky and a discover a wonderful man on here who is a neighbor.
marsbar · F
That drive will take days! 😅[@16729,FUNBOY]
FUNBOY · M
[@73351,marsbar] I'll probably try the group meet up thing.
marsbar · F
You should. It’s fun. But you have to not be shy & be willing to talk. [@16729,FUNBOY]
[@73351,marsbar] Like fishing in a barrel.

Being pretty, funny and an upbeat person might be factoring in there too .. just saying ;-)
marsbar · F
[@68716,JoyfulSilence] I guess there’s more of an advantage when you’re a great kisser because you can make your partner melt & want more.
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
[@73351,marsbar] I bet you need a mop to clean all the puddles of men off the floor.
marsbar · F
[@68716,JoyfulSilence] 😯😨😆
PerthSurfer · 46-50, M
I tried a dating app once but literally all the women in my area and in my age group said in their profiles that they wanted younger guys.
PerthSurfer · 46-50, M
[@446022,Bushmanoz] Aw thanks! well i guess i have more time to be on here and annoy everyone 😂
marsbar · F
Oh damn! Your odds!! 😅😂[@557074,PerthSurfer]
PerthSurfer · 46-50, M
[@73351,marsbar] Yes 😌😂
MyPathOfTotality · 46-50, M
Oh the horrors of the dating sites. I don't miss those at all. I'll just take my chances elsewhere. I've had some decent ones but I've also had a bunch of scammers and gold diggers. One good thing about it is at least you have a little experience from being on here. Lol.
marsbar · F
Oh totally! I think that being on EP & here has really prepared me for real life dating. No joke. lol [@958812,MyPathOfTotality]
Turtlepower · 31-35, M
I feel like he would've had a chance without the typos. I know how you feel about well constructed sentences and proper grammar.
marsbar · F
I need both, but the personality’s gotta shine more [@565666,Turtlepower]
Turtlepower · 31-35, M
[@73351,marsbar] Oh it has better sparkle! Not just shine! Lol
marsbar · F
Yeah, sparkle like Edward Cullen from Twilight. Lol [@565666,Turtlepower]
BARF!!!🤮😂😂😂

Actually, I can be pretty cheesy at times too...😅

I think meet ups are the way to go. For avoiding the fakers. Are you having fun in the mean time?
marsbar · F
I’m still having fun with the guys I’ve actually met up with. All I can say is that I’ve still got it. 😏😎🔥[@1134,Haniazed]
[@73351,marsbar] yeah you do!!!😂

You go!
marsbar · F
😏🤭😅[@1134,Haniazed]
.. Uhm .. suddenly I feel better about my messaging game ;-).

Its great that you are out there looking .. and very brave of you to share it here. Just keep being you, if you do that its bound to work out in the end. ;-) 😘
marsbar · F
Thanks. I can reel them in with my personality it seems 😁😇[@710445,Stillwaiting]
nahright09 · 41-45, M
those messages are brutal lol...appears the guys are there for a specific reason...is it the right app for you? I'm sure the comments and likes are flattering but you can and do get those here.
marsbar · F
[@355869,nahright09] I don’t think it’s the right app, so I’m going to have to find something different.
I kinda wanna do this just to sleuth out the fakes
marsbar · F
[@371164,SooperSarah] Damn! Your thoughts took quite a turn 😆
[@73351,marsbar] this is why I don't socialize lol
marsbar · F
[@371164,SooperSarah] 😂
Oster1 · M
Omg....those responses are terrible!......but you do send out ambiguous signals some times:) No disrespect just wonder at times:)
marsbar · F
I’m different on here than on the app. I can be flirty here in a funny way because people know me & what my personality is like. So I can be myself on here. But I won’t flirt with guys on there unless there’s a bit of connection made. They’re already sexually minded, so I don’t need to feed into that. [@400392,Oster1]
Oster1 · M
I understand....and you don’t have too feed into that😊[@73351,marsbar]
Just be cautious with online dating you never really know what you are getting into
[@73351,marsbar] listen to them people tend to be very deceitful online they lie and are not what they seem
marsbar · F
I know. Thanks :) [@4018,ExperienceDLT]
[@73351,marsbar] no problem
Do you prefer younger men?
marsbar · F
Awww Deggy’s the best! Especially with that stache! 😅[@475592,Dragon56]
DragonFruit · 61-69, M
[@73351,marsbar] I have one of those too, but you always said you liked the one of me in my 20s with the beard.
marsbar · F
I did. You were smashing in that pic 😁[@475592,Dragon56]
😂 the messages, nobody here writes like that 😂
marsbar · F
Nah, I’d know it was him right away because of his grammar & spelling mistakes, & his use of the word cunt 😂 Plus his avatar would be of a sexy nun. Lol [@868864,HannahSky]
[@73351,marsbar] 😂 one Cunt and it's a giveaway
marsbar · F
Totally 😄😄[@868864,HannahSky]
Jonjdw · 46-50, M
What did you give them that they wanted? And well you are pretty so you will get guy attention everywhere.
marsbar · F
[@29075,Jonjdw] Many men on there just want hook ups. So when I tell them I’m not interested in that, they stop messaging.

Thank you
Oster1 · M
I do really like the new avatar.....yes, I notice these things🤗
marsbar · F
Thank you ☺️[@400392,Oster1]
Oster1 · M
😊[@73351,marsbar] so true:)
76starships · 41-45, M
Stay positive. I’m sorry that it’s been so hard to find someone in all that chaff.
marsbar · F
Lol. Well it’s definitely a learning experience [@248232,76starships]
UserNameSW · 41-45, M
Keep at it, you'll get better at recognizing the catfish
marsbar · F
Lol. There are always red flags. I just end up talking to them longer than I should. [@291556,UserNameSW]
I'm too jaded to ever date again.
marsbar · F
I’m sorry [@31027,Number34]
[@73351,marsbar] Don't be, It's actually a relief.
marsbar · F
Ok :) [@31027,Number34]
Wow, this is what dating is reduced to now? What a sad thing
marsbar · F
Lol. For some, yes [@609365,ShadowByte]
FUNBOY · M
😊Keep persevering!
marsbar · F
I always do 👍🏼[@16729,FUNBOY]

I Have Something To Share