I Am An Atheist

I don’t believe in any deities because sufficient evidence hasn’t been provided

No reliable proof (argument or evidence) exists, so we should highly suspect all explanations rooted in magic. Yet atheists should strive to prove that a reasonable explanation for eternal life is still possible through the workings of nature. There's too much slothfulness and pessimism in atheism, and this needs rectifying.
[@1999,Dolimyte] That's a lot of questions. I'll only answer the first. Skeptical atheists tend to throw out the baby with the bath water. They limit themselves to saying that heaven (magic-based) is a ridiculous idea. They get into a pattern of insisting that others do the work (i.e. burden of proof), and don't bother to explore things themselves.
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
[@1183899,Nightly] [quote]Skeptical atheists tend to throw out the baby with the bath water. They limit themselves to saying that heaven (magic-based) is a ridiculous idea[/quote]
limit themselves how? By rejecting the supernatural?

[quote]They get into a pattern of insisting that others do the work (i.e. burden of proof), and don't bother to explore things themselves.[/quote]

If you make the claim, and want others to believe it, you need to be convincing enough to warrant looking into it further. If I claimed that a colony of space aliens lived in my butt, you'd be justified in calling my claim ridiculous and not investigating further without me laying down some epicly convincing evidence first.

Why haven't you investigated my anal invaders from outerspace? They hold great benefits!

Edit: and I'm blocked. Thank you for writing a response that I can not read now. This is a response in kind.
[@1999,Dolimyte] You would make a very poor student, and I see that you admit to mental issues.

It's called FAITH, bruh.
Atheist · 22-25, M
[@232861,MrBlueSky] I can base any belief on faith, it’s not reliable for discovering the truth.
[@1191025,Atheist] Try reading THE BIBLE! It's called the good book for a reason it's not called the bad book!
Adstar · 51-55, M
May the LORD cause you to dream dreams..

May you be forgiven..
RedPowerRanger · 31-35, M
That's your prerogative.
StellasXOF · 36-40
I dont believe in any either. I only believe in One
Pfuzylogic · M
Belief in God isn’t based on any evidence that you can scrape up with the limited ability to discover. Take the demise of the big bang theory. Many people died believing that as truth because hawking wanted attention.
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
You're going to make that your whole persona here? You some kind of troll?
Thevy29 · 36-40, M
If you choose to believe in deities and they don't exist, you lose nothing.

If you chose not to believe in them and the do exist, you'll lose everything.
Atheist · 22-25, M
[@622125,Thevy29] Lol Pascal’s Wager. By the way which deity?
Thevy29 · 36-40, M
[@1191025,Atheist] Pascal's Wager? Is that who said that. I don't remember where I heard but it sounded like good advice to me. I believe in the spirits and how we move on after death. I was never initiated in the full tribal law of my dad's people but I know enough to respect it.
That’s your belief. Contrary to the other atheists on SW, I see no one asking you for burden of proof that a deity doesn’t exist.
Atheist · 22-25, M
[@1117493,DecafD] That’s because I didn’t claim no deities exist. Theists have the burden of proof since they claim a deity exists.
[@1191025,Atheist] it may be on them, but no one really owes anyone else anything to justify their beliefs.
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
Good for you.

Now may we continue with whatever each of us was doing? 🤔

Getting tired of all the philosophical pushing no matter what side it's coming.

Pushing leads to fanaticism. Which I do find deplorable. And there seems to be a heck of a lot of religious pushing going on.

Why I usually stay away from religion. And yes, atheism can be considered a religion.

Well all generally put on pants one leg at a time, unless you're trying to prove something that really doesn't matter.
BondGirl84 · 36-40, F
I'm an atheist too but I don't need evidence that God doesn't exist i just feel he or she doesn't & faith isn't for me...
Nimbus · M
You don't have to listen to Kanye West if you don't want to.
MissFugger · F
Who cares
Where's your soul? 🤣😂
CBarson · 46-50
It's okay . . . some of my favorite Satanists are also atheists
And you don’t have to. It’s nobody’s business. Those who believe have whatever evidence [b]they[/b] require and that’s [b]their[/b] business.
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
*cue Carazza*
smiler2012 · 56-60, M
{@atheist ] can respect what you say if you do not believe because of scepticism 🤷‍♂️ i must say you caanot be a trumpster as they certainly do believe there is one 😆
There are so many mysteries in the world that intelligence still has not progressed to for finding evidence.
Does that mean we remain closed to possibilities? Like Platos Cave theory?
I am an auditor, and I always require "sufficient appropriate audit evidence" to believe something 🤷‍♀️ Why would I stop requiring that when it comes to religion and god. If he is there, I'd REALLY like him to provide evidence, I mean, if I were him, I'd leave no space for doubt.. in order to not send people unfairly to hell. But hey, that's just me.

I Am An Atheist
Religion