I hate the term crossdresser

Only because I feel that it doesn't really describe who is doing what so I feel its rather derogatory , so I decided to create my own personal term to describe me and what it is that I do , actually a friend of mine from EP helped me come up with it the term is "feminine expressive" which to me means a male who expresses femininity or a feminine side. I also don't agree with the term sissy it doesn't define nor describe me neither.

Anyway I am very masculine when I'm in that mode and fairly feminine when in that mode I feel like I can pretty much feel feminine or masculine at any given time (I guess in that sense I could also be categorized as genderfluid) although when I'm in feminine mode I don't always necessarily act feminine nor really express feminine emotional attributes or physical attributes like breasts nor do I physically look feminine I just feel like I enjoy being dressed in women's clothes for multiple reasons 1) they are more comfortable 2) It helps me relax and destress 3) I feel more attractive especially when wearing makeup and nail polish and a wig , (I can't really explain this other than to say I don't feel attractive when I'm in male mode).
ZenPearl · F
I think Sissy is derogatory and demeaning. I don't know enough about that facet of people's lives, though..I just see people..always have.
ZenPearl · F
[@448270,BizSuitStacy] Same Miss Stacy. I don't like being mean
[@448270,BizSuitStacy] I do not wear womens clothes to be humiliated. I love women and their femininity and only want to emulate them as best I can.
[@8778,silkydrawers] I know, Sugar.
Highonheels · 51-55, M
[@3220,Highonheels] an update to my personal feelings on the term sissy , according to wiccapedia the term means:
Sissy (derived from sister), also sissy baby, sissy boy, sissy man, sissy pants, etc., is a pejorative term for a boy or man who is not traditionally masculine, and shows possible signs of fragility. Generally, sissy implies a lack of courage, strength, athleticism, coordination, testosterone, male libido, and stoic calm, all of which have traditionally been associated with masculinity and considered important to the male role in Western society. A man might also be considered a sissy for being interested in traditionally feminine hobbies or employment (e.g., being fond of fashion), displaying effeminate behavior (e.g., using hair products or displaying limp wrists), being unathletic, or being homosexual.

[c=#003BB2]I feel that no part of this definition is anything in which applies to me , I feel its degrading to my masculine side[/c]
Similar in meaning to pansy, or nancyboy

"Sissy" is, approximately, the male converse of tomboy (a girl with masculine traits or interests), but carries more strongly negative connotations. Research published in 2015 suggests that the terms are asymmetrical in their power to stigmatize: sissy is almost always pejorative and conveys greater severity, while tomboy rarely causes as much concern but also elicits pressure to conform to social expectations.
Gillian · 41-45, T
[@3220,Highonheels] seems we have the same thought process. I also did the wiki thing when I first posted so many years ago. And I forgot to include the link to the post in my last comment so here it is. There's a lot of thoughts and rants on the subject following in my comments.

https://similarworlds.com/3545728-I-Hate-The-Word/911396-I-Dont-Really-Like-The-Term-sissy-Originally
I don't mind the word "crossdresser" although I think it is quite shallow in meaning. Crossdressing is the act of putting on clothing of the opposite gender, but it doesn't describe why we do it. When I put on feminine style clothing I don't see it as crossdressing. I'm dressing in something that reflects how I'm feeling. I like to feel pretty, sexy, and desirable. In male mode I am none of those things.

More often than not I refer to myself as a "transvestite". I know it means the same thing, but there is somewhat of a mystery behind the term that leaves it open to more interpretation.

Who we are is far more complex than most people want to know about. I'm happy with who I am and that's all that counts.
Highonheels · 51-55, M
[@8778,silkydrawers] I feel the same way in that I'm just wearing clothes appropriate to how I feel when I'm feeling feminine I wear women's clothes which are really just clothes when I'm in male mode Im just wearing mens clothes which are just clothes.

In the end I'm really just wearing clothing I don't really see a gender in clothing they are just clothes after all is said and done
[@3220,Highonheels] The clothes I wear are all about the gender I want to express. To me gender and sex are two different things. I feel there's nothing wrong with expressing femininity even though you are male
Gillian · 41-45, T
I feel like I can comment a lot on this post but I've actually done posts about all of this myself (crossdressing, being gender-fluid, transgender, etc.) So anyone interested can check them out. And unfortunately don't really have the time to comment recently.

I feel I should share the post about that 'sissy' word we all hate, as I saw a big discussion about it below. At least let me get my two cents in as I thought that was one of my more meaningful rants.
Highonheels · 51-55, M
[@52436,Gillian] you have a right to your opinion hon and I have a lot of respect for you point of view and perspective of things
Laundrygirl · 31-35, M
I don't feel feminine when dressed up. I just love the feeling of wearing women's clothes and makeup. It's so relaxing. I will admit to being submissive though.
Highonheels · 51-55, M
[@756189,Laundrygirl] yes me to ,I agree with you I don't really do it to feel feminine necessarily I just enjoy the feeling of wearing the clothes
[@756189,Laundrygirl] It's a wonderful escape from masculinity not to mention the comfort level of wearing silky feminine clohing.
StevexStephie · 61-69, M
[@8778,silkydrawers] Never enough for me. Always feel so restricted in male mode. I am so free when I get to be a gurl!
GuyWithOpinions · 26-30, M
Id say worry less about the labeles and just keep being you. You seem to be doing a great job at that. 👍
Highonheels · 51-55, M
[@1116878,GuyWithOpinions] thank you and yes I try not to worry to much about the labels but I tend to take it rather personally because I feel that women who wear men's clothes aren't treated any different and they are less likely to be demeaned then men wearing women's clothes are
The term "crossdresser" has never bothered me. Of course, I refer to myself as a transvestite, which I know many people find offensive. I think that's because people associate these terms with fetishistic behavior. There are many different motivations for wearing clothing, etc. of the opposite gender.
[@448270,BizSuitStacy] Like you I don't mind the term "crossdresser" but I've also always refered to myself as a "transvestite". Transvestite was the first term I discovered in the definition section in the back of the book "The Joy of Sex" which gave some meaning to what I had been enjoying for years.

Labels don't really define who we are as individuals any more than our name does, be it Mary, Sue, John, or George.

I've always loved the silkiness of lingerie I also love the look and feel of wearing a dress. I've always enjoyed the thought of being pretty and desirable. I guess you could just call me "A Boy Named Sue" although I prefer the name "Mary"💃
[@8778,silkydrawers] I can relate.
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
I always wonder if you were given a maid’s costume would you clean? I mean like do the toilets, scrub the bathtub and windows...really get in touch with the feminine side. I would be all for that if it brought that on.
[@11509,Keepitsimple] how about more of the June Cleaver look? A nice dress, nylons, heels, pearls...followed by some housework and cooking?
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
[@448270,BizSuitStacy] I don’t think so. I’d just hire a group of women in jeans and a T-shirt with a logo to actually clean and my men to come in wranglers. 😉
[@11509,Keepitsimple] fair enough
Tython · 26-30, M
Women can crossdress too. The term is unisex while yours implies only one of the sexes.
Highonheels · 51-55, M
[@943705,Tython] yes I know that women Cross dress to but thier not labeled as crossdressers their just tomboys or not labeled at all its accepted ,while men who express a feminine side are ostracized , labeled and stereotyped to be anything less than a man or a sissy , "must be gay" , etc... We are not fully accepted by society in general its demeaning and unfair.

And the point of my term was meant to imply only one gender , to better define who is doing what , a man who expresses a feminine side while a women who expresses masculinity or a masculine side would be masculine expressive
Tython · 26-30, M
[@3220,Highonheels] Depends on where you live.
Highonheels · 51-55, M
[@943705,Tython] yeah I guess location and environment can play a part

I Hate The Word