I Am Sassy

Them: No one working 40hrs a week should be living in poverty

[b][c=#7700B2]Me: Then stop giving their money to people working zero hours a week馃拋鈥嶁檧锔忦煒淸/c][/b][image deleted]
I鈥檓 about to bust.
mrlopez26-30, M
[@1182547,johndoe1994] that's what happens when a heavy person sits on your chest
[@1161949,mrlopez] correct bro!
SignalsM
I鈥檓 at work now
So far, 60 hours this week
SweetNSassyF
[@1148565,Frequencys] do you ever go home??
vetguy199151-55, M
What about people that put in overtime
SweetNSassyF
[@9520,vetguy1991] well, if everyone worked than most companies wouldn鈥檛 need people to work overtime
vetguy199151-55, M
[@465377,SweetNSassy] true, but I average between 50 and 55 hours per week
Degbeme61-69, M
Retired. 鈽猴笍
[@72117,Degbeme] live off of my hubby
Degbeme61-69, M
[@465377,SweetNSassy] Working no. The people I worked with, yes.
SweetNSassyF
[@72117,Degbeme] awe
Becksta36-40
At least some of the people who are working zero hours a week would love to work - if only there was a cure for their illnesses.
I just worked 66 hours this week because people would rather soak up the higher unemployment than start a job at $16 an hour.
SweetNSassyF
[@371164,SooperSarah] that鈥檚 a crazy schedule!
[@465377,SweetNSassy] it's getting old after a couple months :s
SweetNSassyF
[@371164,SooperSarah] I bet!
TexChikF
Or giving billions to the Paris accord slush fund to be divided up among the corrupt politicians .
SweetNSassyF
[@113373,TexChik] I know that鈥檚 right! Why do we give them money anyways?
JesseInTX46-50, M
This shouldn鈥檛 even be discussed right now with so many businesses closing because of the lockdowns in various parts of the country. Business owners are going to have a hard enough time rehiring people at their current pay rate.
JesseInTX46-50, M
[@465377,SweetNSassy] I鈥檓 happy to lend a helping hand to someone that needs it until they are able to get back on their feet. The problem there is the welfare system has been doing this for generations. Generations of families have played the system and there is no incentive for them to find work. Talking about raising the minimum wage is only going to make it that much harder for those that want to work to find work.

Oh and your taxes....they鈥檙e also going up like it or not.
Becksta36-40
[@543602,JesseInTX] Why not??? Are they not working 0 hours per week??? Or is the money for their welfare payments raised in a different way than through taxes???

At the end of the day, the disabled and sick were lumped into the same pot - so it needs to be addressed, too.
JesseInTX46-50, M
[@421598,Becksta] I did say it needs to be addressed. The minimum wage argument is for people who are working or hope to once again soon.
mrlopez26-30, M
lmaoooo yo i say this all the time. stop taxing the hard working people. they can live better
SweetNSassyF
[@1161949,mrlopez] I just don鈥檛 understand why we gotta pay for lazy ass people to sit home
mrlopez26-30, M
[@465377,SweetNSassy] yeah, i hate busting my ass 18 hours a day to pay for people who are too lazy to do anything. it's annoying. that's why i moved to Florida. no personal income tax, plus the weather lol everything is cheaper compared to the states that tax you until you have nothing then raise the prices in housing. makes no sense to me
SweetNSassyF
[@1161949,mrlopez] it鈥檚 because politicians make they money off us ! They give a small portion of our hard earned money to lazy people and than use most of it for their extravagant lifestyles. Meanwhile if I didn鈥檛 have all these bullshit taxes to pay, I could be living my best life too!馃槱it鈥檚 so not fair
BlueVeins18-21, M
I agree, we should totally just let the disabled starve, and maybe just to make things more efficient, stuff people's heads in guillotines anytime they get laid off or fired.
BlueVeins18-21, M
[@465377,SweetNSassy] There's some degree of truth to that; there is such a thicreang as a welfare ceiling. But welfare massively boosts the economy by preventing the longer-term burden of malnutrition and boosting consumer spending. Really, what we need is some kind of universal social benefit like a UBI or PBI.
SweetNSassyF
[@4199,BlueVeins] you will a good little communist boy! Keep that attitude up and they may even make you a spokesperson
[@4199,BlueVeins] I did not miss the point. I can only hope that your living a few more years will bring you some enlightenment about the ways of the world.
tindrummerM
just wondering if you consider yourself a good Christian?
SweetNSassyF
[@400948,tindrummer] lmao... I think the devil himself just laughed at this question
tindrummerM
[@465377,SweetNSassy] thought so

I Am Sassy