Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

I really wonder if "other girls" actually exist.

Everyone knows the "not like other girls" trope. I keep wondering if those "other girls" are really there. Like, the basis of the idea is "Other girls are skinny and pretty and wear makeup and go to parties but I like reading Harry Potter and wearing hoodies and watching true crime documentaries on Netflix." But I've met waaaaaaay more hoodie-wearing true crime stans than I have skinny makeup-wearing party girls. So...where ARE the "other girls?" Are they even real?
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
They do exist. I met one in college who would often get too fucked up and let me drive her BMW.
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] She introduced me to country club folk and I got to behold what actual wealth looks like. It was mind blowing lmao.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@871066,SwampFlower] I had an experience like that in middle school but it was a little different cos I was a preteen.
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Billionaires are fucking weird.
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
who even knows 🤣
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] It kills me cos like, if you enjoy wearing hoodies and reading books, then that's what you enjoy and you should embrace it. But what's the point of using your interests and style and some kind of competitive chip to differentiate yourself from others?
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] people always comparing themselves to other people like the way one person expresses themselves is really that different from another in the big scheme of things.
MagnifiqueGirl · 18-21
Is Schrödinger's cat dead ? The answer to that is the same as for this
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@9288,MagnifiqueGirl] A little bit, but not a lot. I can only handle a small amount at a time.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@401815,KaliKali] Exactly. Other girls are also in a superposition of existent and nonexistent, until they either renew their free 30-day trial of Existence™ or buy the full version.
MagnifiqueGirl · 18-21
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] i was reffering more like is a yes and no at the same time
DangerDingus · 31-35, M
I guess you’re really not like other girls, Zhenya. Because I sure haven’t met many like you 🤔
DangerDingus · 31-35, M
Yeah but honestly it’d be pretty boring without you too 💙[@6579,BlueMetalChick]
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@428650,DangerDingus] I feel like some kind of plot device 😂
DangerDingus · 31-35, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Yeah, I’m almost entertaining the idea of basing a character off you 😂
LucyFuhr · 51-55, F
I think it started as a way to set oneself apart from the crowd, (whether it was warranted or not) and then turned into more of a joke cause everyone and their meemaw started using it.

"Other girls" are just [b][i]all[/i][/b] the girls (you think) you're better than 😜
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@8345,LucyFuhr] My hypothesis is that it's rooted in the seemingly-innate human desire to be "different." Once being pretty and well dressed got mainstream, we started trying to be different by NOT doing that.
helenS · 31-35, F
Most girls wear makeup and go to the parties but they are not skinny.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@6602,helenS] I have a hard time getting people to show up at parties. Maybe it's cos of COVID now but so many people are hella antisocial.
TimingQuasars · 22-25, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] i would go to your parties if i could. Your partys are probably like project x.. That song thats in project by the yeah yeah yeahs reminds me soooo much of you haha... Its such a great song thanks for showing me it
swirlie · 31-35, F
[c=#008099]
I understand the confusion, but us "other girls" whom are of course skinny and pretty, definitely don't wear makeup, but always wear hoodies to parties![/c]
MJMidnight · M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Alcohol, weed, and shitty music definitely goes hand in hand. I've been to real parties without that stuff myself.
TimingQuasars · 22-25, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] i knew you did you look quiet good because most girls use alot of makeup... but you don't need much of it to look good... You already look great without it. i like how you do your makeup tho
swirlie · 31-35, F
[@6579,BlueMetalChick]
You've never partied for real until you've partied with Gypsies.
[c=008099]
Comparing your own personal experience in partying with Gypsies to mainstream partying, what in your opinion is the defining difference between what those lesser-experienced party animals might typically experience compared to yourself, whom as you say, think "alcohol, weed, sex and shitty music in a stereo is a party"? [/c]
TimingQuasars · 22-25, M
Imo your not like other girls.. To me youre different and better then most girls and that's why i like talking to you. You're better than most girls if you ask me for some reason..
TimingQuasars · 22-25, M
Idk but imo you seem like you could be both those cute skinny girls cus you already that and you can also be the hoodie wearing harry potter reading girl too.
Saraah · 26-30, F
I'm both, like I'm skinny, wear makeup and like parties, love dressing up - but I also wear sweats, no makeup and drink wine alone while watching true crime, ft my bestfriend to talk about this sick documentary I just watched. 🤷‍♀️😂
I get the point of the meme or trope but I think it also assume far too much. Yes we know "other girls" but are "other girls" the norm? I suspect not. At least not in all instances. Maybe in a rich girl's only prep school or college. Maybe in society circles but I'm not part of that.

I'd rather be the girl that does not assume of other girls but just accepts all for who they are. I posted of this yesterday on fb and a "proud Appalachian hillbilly women can on and said "no she will not be one that does not judge".

Fucking redneck trump supporter. There- I just judged her ass.

Personal, Thoughts & Feelings