Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Do you hate self-haters?
I don't care if they hate themselves, but if they hate their own culture or country I really despise them.
5
|
Alabamiangods · 36-40, F
[big]Tennessee panda tennessee panda tennessee panda tennessee panda [/big]
What if the Country is fundamentally fkd??
I'm not assuming anything. I am perfectly aware of the perceptionof the countries you mentioned. Perhaps you should not assume the people you converse with speak for everyone. Again I didn't mention culture. @Northwest:
Northwest · M
@Lemony:

[quote]I'm not assuming anything.[/quote]

Not really.

[quote]Perhaps if you talked to some people from Syria it would make more sense.[/quote]

Country or culture, it's the same thing. While they're interested in survival, at this point, no they don't hate their country.
Ok. @Northwest:
Redstar · 31-35, M
So just because you're born somewhere, you HAVE to love it?
Cierzo · 46-50, M
No, but why hate it?
Try not to hate Germany... It's really hard.
Only Germany, Greece and the eastern ones.
But mainly Germany.
Cierzo · 46-50, M
@GermanAf: And UK, France, Spain, Italy...
UK just has to deal with the Brexit.
But I'm talking about an internal conflict here.
Xuan12 · 26-30, M
What if their culture or country is barbaric or awful? Like female circumcision, or North Korea?
Cierzo · 46-50, M
A country is more than some tradition of the government
Yeah, "patriot"is a dirty word meanwhile, in some environments.
Cierzo · 46-50, M
Sick environments
@Cierzo: Also known as Germany.
@GermanAf: Not that much wrong with Germany, it's just time Merkel fucks off.
Northwest · M
There are pretenders out there, who like to show that being cultured, means hating your own culture, and proving that other cultures are more superior.

This is also true, for people who think that their culture, is superior to other cultures.

There are cases, when one's culture needs to evolve, and it's OK to say that. There's no shame in that.
no, not unless they drag other people down with them.
Hating your country does seem pretty unproductive and pointless. THat said, sometimes loving your country means being critical of it when it is failing to meet it's potential as a society. This is often unfairly labelled hatred by people who don't agree with the criticisms being voiced. It's important to be careful when assessing protests since it's easy to fall into the trap of being dismissive.
The key word is indeed "critical" and not believing all EU propaganda, for example.
@kingkyrie: I think people should treat any and all sources of information as inherently biased to some degree, because they all are since they are all administered by human beings. Part of critical thinking is to not allow your disbelief of one source cause you to invest an opposing source with too much credibility. That's a long winded way of saying I agree with not blindly following propaganda. 👍
@Auberon89: Indeed, it's a shame you have to look at at least three different sources to know a ll bit what's going on .

Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Do you hate self-haters? | Personal, Thoughts & Feelings | Similar Worlds