Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Do your feelings belong to you online?
So last night I offended a few people when I called someone out for seeking attention. I was told that if I had my own opinion or 'decisions' about it I should post elsewhere because those feeling were theirs and not mine.. but when you publicly post something online (in a discussion forum no less) doesn't that open it up to everyone else's feelings on the topic and their opinions?
Why get offended if someone's opinion doesn't match your own when you publicly put it out there for anyone to chime in on?
2
|
because people are stupid
JaggedLittlePill · 36-40, F
[@523125,UnspokenTruthsAreDeadly] somehow i pegged you as a smarter dude. Maybe i was hasty.
[@1845,JaggedLittlePill] whatever that means 😂
JaggedLittlePill · 36-40, F
[@523125,UnspokenTruthsAreDeadly] it means you talk a big game with your posts but then make stupid comments such as this.

If people are stupid..are you not a person and calling your own self stupid?

Fuck dude. 🤔
somethingIsuppose · 26-30, F
People are sensitive little bitch babies that's why
JaggedLittlePill · 36-40, F
[@473468,somethingIsuppose] you seem like a 🍑
It comes off as putting down the other person and people don't like that feeling.
Sometimes people just need a little attention
it depends if you were ruder than you would be in public
WesTheHuman · 36-40, M
[@337574,kuminme] it was the meme version of very obviously rolling my eyes..
I would definitely do that in public.
[@688073,WesTheHuman] well then thye are being silly
onestarrynight · 56-60, M
It's possible to express opinions without being insulting or blatantly insensitive, not everything is a joke, some people here have serious problems and no place else to turn but an anonymous website....

Showing a little empathy when expressing an opinion is not unreasonable in some instances..
WesTheHuman · 36-40, M
[@349735,onestarrynight] it was a meme though.. not even an insulting one, and someone else was the one who started the name calling. 😉
onestarrynight · 56-60, M
[@688073,WesTheHuman]You're right, i was annoyed but i shouldn't have to resorted to name calling and for that i apologize...
WesTheHuman · 36-40, M
[@349735,onestarrynight] you're fine. I was just messing with you about the name calling. I was being an a-hole about it last night. 😂
Depends, if you're just tearing someone down for a giggle, then yeah... You're a cunt. But if you are just having a discussion and sharing your opinion then that's fine. Even if your opinion is fucked, freedom of speech is still a thing.
Fernie · F
It's a public forum so everything you post is open to everyone on SW. Some folks get really mad if you disagree with them and actually tell you it's none of your business. Ha!
TheConstantGardener · 51-55, M
I agree that if a person places a post then it's an invitation to debate and comment. What I have learnt is, depending on the topic of the post, very often people can't accept or won't tolerate anything that they think is criticism. Don't worry about it.
Noahkahol · 61-69, M
Many narcissists, few give a dams.

That's the real world too. That's why 90% are phoneys that think they rule the world right now.

Trouble is, on the internet fake give a shit only gets a good faker lots of dissolving assholez around them.

If you put the sum total usefulness of the world's dissolving assholez into one person you'd have a yard of dog crap looking for an ass to climb into.

Lol

Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Do your feelings belong to you online? | Personal, Thoughts & Feelings | Similar Worlds