I have a scammer on the phone, Says he is from Amazon, also offered to remove the virus from computer

Says Amazon has 7 departments and they can remove computer viruses too 馃槀
cherokeepatti61-69, F
How many minutes do you think I can keep him hanging on? It鈥檚 been 10 minutes now
Haroldhugh51-55, M
[@16806,cherokeepatti] He is brilliant too, there are about 5 really good scam baiters and they have caused the closure and exposure of these horrible people. It is disgusting that their countries do very little about it but it is also worrying, the West is soft to them but it is a sleeping giant...I would be wondering how long it would be before a hellfire missile flew into the window.
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@1202442,Haroldhugh] Trilogy media found out the address of one of the scammers, he lives in the USA. Someone was pretending to be an older woman and he persuaded her to send money to him. Of course they didn鈥檛 send money but they showed up at his address, there is high security but they found a way to get inside (take a tour of the luxury apartments) and hang out on the same floor lounge trying to decide if they wanted to live there. They got him out of his apartment and cornered him in the hallway and told him they were calling the police and filing a report on him. They said that those apartments lease for over $35,000 per year so he was pulling in a lot of money from victims. If we had an FBI that was worth a damn they鈥檇 be going after these guys. That one is here on a visa and hopefully will get deported. Not telling how many others are living here doing the same damn thing.
Haroldhugh51-55, M
[@16806,cherokeepatti] Indeed, happens here in the UK too. It is all very well saying that education on these people is the key, but we still have people in both our countries that trust in 'authority' and would not question the caller. I actually think the Indian/Pakistani/Nigerian scammers are easier for our 80's to 90's to detect but it does disgust me that we have people who do the same in our own countries with our own accents...they are much harder to defend against.
Ambroseguy8051-55, M
Good thing you weren鈥檛 born yesterday. ;)
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@403045,Ambroseguy80] yeah and good thing I don鈥檛 have 鈥渁n Amazon card鈥 either 馃槀
AntisocialTroll51-55, F
Ask him if it's the covid virus you've got...
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@1078962,AntisocialTroll] I might have to oink the pig into the phone
PeachesF
[@16806,cherokeepatti] They ARE pigs!!!馃惤馃悥
JohnnyO36-40, M
馃槀
MarineBob56-60, M
Tell them you don't have one
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@2021,MarineBob] already told him I did but that it loads slow. Just wasting his time
MardraeF
Ask him if he knows some different ways to hack into people's accounts. 馃槒
I roleplay with Scammers. I pretend I was in great danger calling for help. I keep begging them for help or I'll die
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@860047,BeatMySelf2Pain4Perfection] my computer was running so slow he had to keep repeating the letters he wanted me to enter into the computer, then I鈥檇 tell him maybe I did it wrong and tell me again. I think he did that about 5 times
Haroldhugh51-55, M
Sounds legit, sorry I can't spend too much time I have to give my Nigerian brother my PIN so he can formally reinstate me to the monarchy.
Wolf9031-35, M
Sweet! Tell him to put that Nigerian prince who has been emailing me on the line. I want to get confirmation of when all that money will be arriving in my bank account...
whowasthatmaskedman61-69, M
Maybe tell him about your personal salvation in Jesus? Thats really good for anyone who turns up at my door.馃槈
Pretend you're following his instructions. If he gives you a website, play dumb and make him explain that when he says "dot", you are supposed to press the period key.
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@1201381,LordShadowfireTheSarcastic] I did, I took 20 minutes of his time before I oinked the pig into the phone.
[@16806,cherokeepatti] Nice!
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@1201381,LordShadowfireTheSarcastic] He didn鈥檛 even curse at me when I called him a Ben Chode.
akindheart61-69, F
just got this call but from Comcast. wanted me to hit the window button until the screen came up and then type in R...meaning he wanted access to my operating system
[@16806,cherokeepatti] LMAO!
akindheart61-69, F
[@1201381,LordShadowfireTheSarcastic] ha ha..
akindheart61-69, F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] i am getting hit left and right from scammers including contractors. i have an amazon account andi use my credit card but i do in and delete them in history
Barefooter2541-45, M
Let me guess..He says his name is Peggy and has a Russian accent. 馃ぃ馃槅
[@16806,cherokeepatti] Ooh, I love the Indian scammers.
Barefooter2541-45, M
[@1201381,LordShadowfireTheSarcastic] I used to get e-mails from "my friends" stuck in foreign countries saying they need $10,000 to get home. 馃槄
[@5744,Barefooter25] Email scams annoy me, because I can't troll the scammer.
MaryJanine61-69, F
I just hang up on them. I've has two calls, same guy, saying I won a million dollars and a car. I don't drive!
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@348565,MaryJanine] oh yeah I heard of that scam. They need you to pay for shipping for the car鈥hen you tell them to take it out of the million dollars they hang up.
Wallflow3r26-30, F
Waste his time then at the end of it say I don鈥檛 have a computer and hang up
Eddiesolds56-60, M
Gosh I wish they would call me.i cant stand scammers
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@438210,Eddiesolds] You can search online for some cuss words in Hindi to say to them after you are finished playing with them.
PatKirby41-45, M
Tell him you have a bridge or swamp in Arizona you'd like to sell him.
PeachesF
They are such mean MFers!馃槧馃憥Give 'em hell Patti!!!馃ぃ
Pinkstarburst51-55, F
Keep a book close by and start reading it to them until they hang up. I have a particularly raunchy one I use.
Beatbox3426-30, M
I'd ask him if he can get rid of the ringworm up his own butt. I get a lot of calls like these and I troll the hell out of them 馃槀.
cherokeepatti61-69, F
[@476293,Beatbox34] 馃槀 it鈥檇 be fun to record the conversations and keep mixing it up each time and then post it on You Tube.