When did you realize you had a privileged childhood?
Fairydust · 46-50, F
When I see how damaged people are.
When I visited a friend's house for a couple of days.
When I got called a [i]spic[/i] for being part Portuguese... Woo. ┬┴┬┴┤•ᴥ •ʔ/
thewearypanda · 31-35
[@1045785,bearinthemediumREDmansion] My grandfather said that word casually one day, and my mom scolded him. His response? "What?! That's what they call themselves!" ...he had a pretty serious degenerative brain disease, which isn't a funny thing at all, but it had it's head-shaking moments to be sure.
RedFlower · F
my step dad is fucking rich... is my mom a golddigger ?
Adamski24 · 36-40, M
When i saw how hard other kids had it in school, when going to their houses as Well as the government paying for their school lunches.
Nanori · 26-30, F
When I realized not being sold into prostitution by parents was a privilege in the area I lived at that time.
200t00 · 46-50, M
I didnt
Abusive alcoholic dad led to a single parent family. Working from 11 to help my mum pay bills
ArtieKat · 61-69, M
When I moved from a Church of England primary school with 48 pupils in a class to a small prep school with less than 20 in each class and only about 96 in the whole school
CynicGirl · 26-30, F
my parents were rich... but assholes
My parents and teachers would always talk to me about the less fortunate and made me sensitized about many social issues. The earliest I can remember was when my grandma would say that some child could live for a week off the amount of food I'd refuse to eat. Of course she did that to scold me about not eating enough and I disagree on that method, but it did make me think how much better I have it than many.