People who pronounce .WebP as "weppy" are almost as bad as people who say .gif as "jif."

Neither of those should be protected by free speech.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@695370,Straylight] You need to be elected as president.
KaiTheHuman · 18-21
“Jif” is horrendous.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@731023,KaiTheHuman] Jif is fucking peanut butter lol
JRVanguard · 22-25
“Mee-mee”
JRVanguard · 22-25
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I listen to a lot of meme music that’s just songs remixed to be awful
And it’s the funniest thing in the world to me

I do agree there’s a lot more shit ones these days
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@551154,JRVanguard] Look up "I'd Like to Teach the World to Fap" by Zone-Tan if you want some really strange remix of that song from the Coca Cola commercial.
JRVanguard · 22-25
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] On it o7
FreeSpirit1 · 46-50, F
Peasants 🤣
basilfawlty89 · 31-35, M
The latter is a pet peeve of mine. I know the creator says it should be "jif", but fuck that guy, it's short for graphics interchange format, it's a "g", you don't fucking say "jhraffic".
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@23671,basilfawlty89] I'm a big fan of Halo, and in the games, a prominent plot point is ONI, the Office of Naval Intelligence. I hate that characters in the games refer to it as "Oh-Nee" instead of just saying the letters. Although I think it's cos ONI in the lore is pretty spooky and does terrible things, and an Oni is a Japanese mythical demon creature, so maybe they wanted ONI to sound like Oni.
basilfawlty89 · 31-35, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] yeah I see your point. Also shoot whoever says URL as "Earl"
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@23671,basilfawlty89] I had no idea that people did that until just now. I feel like I need to take a shower.
DUMBSHlT · 22-25, M
I hate it when they say jif, but the big boi himself said that's the right way. BECAUSE HE'S A FUCKING TROLL!
DUMBSHlT · 22-25, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Yeah I know, but the creator literally said it's jif. Just for the lolz
Jackaloftheazuresand · 26-30, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Jpeg or if you don't think that counts because it's different without an "h" then there's NASA which does not follow any of the supposed rules and I've never heard these same people have a problem with that
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@383281,Jackaloftheazuresand] It reminds me of Ratchet & Clank, during "Mission: Idiotic" when Captain Qwark puts a banana in an air gun to make Skrunch the monkey chase after it and he calls it the "Banana Guided Autonomous Monkey Device" of BGAMD for short. But he tries to pronounce it as a word, calling it the "buh-gammed".
MagnifiqueGirl · 18-21
but isnt it pronunce jif ?
RogueLoner · M
Or people who spell loser as looser or does as dose. 🤦‍♂️
MagnifiqueGirl · 18-21
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] esl ?
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@9288,MagnifiqueGirl] English-Second-Language
MagnifiqueGirl · 18-21
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] oh ok
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
The big question:
Is it Scone as in cone, or Scone as in gone?!
Let's sop these bar fights once & for all!
JoePourMan · 61-69, M
Items # 8,998 and 8,999 on my list of things I might some day care about
TheDevilYouNeed · 51-55, M
What the fuck is .WebP? Is it a peeing fetish site?
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@835612,TheDevilYouNeed] It's a file type. And a particularly annoying one at that because it can't be opened like a .png or a .jpg or whatever. So you have to convert it to a readable file type before it can be viewed. It's used to compress images that otherwise would be too large.
Or meme as "memmy"...lol
Keraunos · 31-35, M
"Jif" has always the canonical pronunciation. Although I still use a hard "g", having got into the habit of it years before learning that.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@666713,Keraunos] This is because "gif" is an acronym for "graphics interchange format" and the word graphics is pronounced with a hard G, so it was from the start "gif." Everyone ridiculed people who said "jif" so the person who first invented the format said that jif is the right way just to be funny.