Situations

Is it better to feel pain than nothing at all?
1
|
1Lula · 26-30, F
Apparently not cuz im constantly numbing it
puck61 · 56-60, M
[@682246,Jadedx] [c=#7700B2] DEATH TO THE BRAIN CELLS![/c]
1Lula · 26-30, F
[@3557,puck61] 😅
puck61 · 56-60, M
[@682246,Jadedx] My brother called that his "Battle cry".
puck61 · 56-60, M
Not consistently. There may be times and situations where that would be true, but it's not an 'absolute'.
lilninja · 36-40, F
[@3557,puck61] here we go
puck61 · 56-60, M
[@696790,lilninja] Pain is natures warning that something bad is happening to your body, but sometimes we get figurative and philosophical about stuff, and I was trying to cover that too.
Pain is an evolutionary necessity.
lilninja · 36-40, F
[@871066,FineappleHairdo] alright keep ya wig on
Yes, pain is actually a means your body has in order to protect you. If you felt not pain at all you'd just continue doing something that harms you and you'd end up dead without any warning.
lilninja · 36-40, F
[@8344,ScissorhandsFingeredMe] true that
MartinTheFirst · 18-21, M
Depends on how much
helenS · 31-35, F
What an interesting question. What a deep and interesting question.
lilninja · 36-40, F
[@6602,helenS] alright sarky
helenS · 31-35, F
[@696790,lilninja] "sarky"???
No I was serious.
lilninja · 36-40, F
[@6602,helenS] awww then apologies
I think so. You can overcome pain.
It's hard to overcome indifference and it becomes a hollow existence.
Nothing is better trust me coz i am in pain and I am not enjoying it
lilninja · 36-40, F
[@489988,D0notfollowme] ok
GLITTER · 31-35, F
We were given feelings to feel them. What’s the point of it if we don’t
KaiserSolze · 41-45, F
No it is a deep and interesting question.

Physical pain of course is necessary.

Emotional or psychological pain... People who are numb do not like being numb. People who are really sad drink or take tablets. So ideally you feel enough to know you have feelings and your living but not so much that it overwhelms. Ideally. Achieving that is another question.
KaiserSolze · 41-45, F
[@6602,helenS] not from what people who literally feel nothing have told me. They know they should feel pain but feel nothing. They don't know what feelings are or how to feel them or if they can feel. Without feeling pain you can't feel joy though either. So they're kind of like robots. Sometimes if they do bond somehow with someone who is emotional they have a loyalty and if the person they've bonded with is happy or sad then they somehow go with that. But if their person is sad and they feel someone caused it they will feel that the person who caused it should suffer. So people with no emotions, because as well they have no fear, can be dangerous. But like I said if bonded to a reasonable person than less so.

Eg I knew this guy who went with how his wife felt, he only cared about his wife and didn't even care about their children. He didn't have his own feelings, he was numb, neutral, without her. Anyway someone upset his wife. So he calmly decided that person should pay. I don't have the best or normal reactions so I laughed. But as he talked I thought he's gonna get himself in trouble. He didn't care of course and his wife knew nothing of what he was upto. The only way I could get him to stop or see it might be a bad idea was to make him realise that if he carried on harassing or taunting this other person that hurt his wife and he was somehow in trouble that his wife would be really upset. When he thought about his wife being upset he decided to stop because it defeated his object. His object was to make the person miserable who hurt his wife but if he made his wife more miserable it defeats the point. - Logic
Some people really do not work on emotions because they feel none. They work completely on logic. They understand emotions because they have heard others talk about them and know some feel good and some feel bad, like how shoes are comfortable or not, but they've never worn the shoes. So they work on logic and if bonded strongly to an emotional person then they use them as a guide of how to feel and if something is ok or not.

I've known quite a few people like this.
TeresaRudolph71 · 46-50, F
[@617886,Sarupticious] That's really interesting. That could explain the behavior of some people. 🤔
KaiserSolze · 41-45, F
[@1351,TeresaRudolph71] yea

Situations

Is it better to feel pain than nothing at all? | Situations | Similar Worlds