I Don't Want to Be Depressed Anymore

What are some methods to fight depression and apathy?

I'd be grateful for some insight from people who have gone through what I am.
Gaiia · F
Distracting your mind in something you enjoy and is productive helps.
CuddleFeesh · 26-30, M
[@536386,Gaiia] it does yes. For me anything that makes me laugh
Chelsiegirl · 41-45, T
Video games and working out.. also calling people if you have them to call
HannahSky · F
Get active.
MrGomco · 31-35, M
Riding a bycicle.
Penny · 41-45, F
not sure what you are going through, but I'd suggest reading self help books that interest you or books on the power of the mind. meditate and connect yourself to your higher power. if you dont feel like you have a higher power, then perhaps start seeking for it?
Thevy29 · 36-40, M
You haven't described what your going through though. Depression isn't just a general term because it is wildly misunderstood by people who have never experienced it.
Have you ever tried an herb called Dopa Mucuna (velvet bean). It modulates dopamine which might help with apathy and motivation since those are problems in the reward circuit which dopamine is a main component. It could also have an effect on depression by increasing motivation.
People with low dopamine like in Parkinsons have used it before to relieve symptoms so it does help some people.
Apathy is a gift to develop righteously so that it doesn't let the individuals harbour negativity at any point.

Depression can be dealt by uprooting the causes with the selfsupport and that of family & friends.
Asmae · 31-35, F
Taking care of a pet ~
Idk but it gets better
As you get responses, be honest about those that might treat the symptoms (apathy & depression) with mental redirect and those that actually encourage you to recognize and deal with any life issues, traumas, etc. that may be the root cause. Hang in there.
Psycho · 22-25, M
It's actually very difficult to describe.. I don't think there is anything you can physically do to change your state of mind you just do based on the way you look at things.

So look at things from a better perspective.
CuddleFeesh · 26-30, M
Thank you guys
Dewkissedrose · 41-45, F
Getting into a routine. I have found that depression loves to love when I don't make myself get up and do stuff. Yes, I still suffer (depressed so badly right now), but a routine helps me get through the day.
SansShirt · 41-45, M
I finally got medication for it at the age of 41. One of the best decisions I’ve made, though it took 25+ years to get there.
Psycho · 22-25, M
Meet new people that you click with.

I Don't Want to Be Depressed Anymore